to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Former LucasArts man accuses Free Radical of lying about "me

Your comments on our articles.

Free Radical co-founder hits back at "false", "nonsense" claims

The aftershocks of Star Wars: Battlefront 3's demise continue to rock the industry. Gamespot has published a humdinger of a chat with a former LucasArts employee, who claims Free Radical Designs co-founder Steve Ellis has "whitewashed" a history of incompetence and distortion at the studio.... read more

Former LucasArts man accuses Free Radical of lying about "me

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Dec 2012, 12:01

Just make friends and release the damn game you big jessies! There are bigger problems like... :wink: :shock: Sorry Ed.

Seriously though, release the damn game.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: Former LucasArts man accuses Free Radical of lying about

Postby EdDeRs1 » 04 Dec 2012, 14:57

you see this? in this hand there is a sledgehammer, and in the other is a Molotov Cocktail, and if you do not restart development on this game they may be meeting your headquarters at anytime, money isnt a problem anymore, you have Disney levels of money to spend on this game, now give us Star Wars Battlefront 3 you lazy bums or bad things will happen!!!!!!
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Plamsa wing » 04 Dec 2012, 15:23

I'm pretty sure I saw two apes throw their faeces at each other in zoo once. That got them nowhere, just like it is here.

Make the damn game and be happy, I'm not a cat, I only live once and I'd like Battlefront 3.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Zombie Trooper » 04 Dec 2012, 18:25

EdDeRs1 wrote:you see this? in this hand there is a sledgehammer, and in the other is a Molotov Cocktail, and if you do not restart development on this game they may be meeting your headquarters at anytime, money isnt a problem anymore, you have Disney levels of money to spend on this game, now give us Star Wars Battlefront 3 you lazy bums or bad things will happen!!!!!!

VIVA LA BATTLEFRONT!
Zombie Trooper 26

Postby Decent_Jam » 04 Dec 2012, 19:24

Crikey, all politics and backstabbing at the top eh?

Shame as I've never played a Battlefront game and Bezza as well as others speak very highly of the series - not that it needs much selling to me as a self-confessed Star Wars geek.

The point about Disney now being in charge is an interesting one though, surely if you were Disney you would be looking over everything in production across your entire estate and wondering what was worth going after and what wasn't. If they decide against something else, there lies your freed up money to get this back in the running again. Of course we are at risk of rose-tinted glasses syndrome at this late stage.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Branhelm » 04 Dec 2012, 19:34

Sure, bad relationships between businesses isn't the best thing, but what you then should do is say, "Look, we're not working with you any more. Goodbye." then move onto another company (or make it in house) and say, "Hey, we have this money making series which we think you'd be great for. Come do it for us and you'll get the monies." Job done. We should have Battlefront 3, and maybe even 4, but instead we're stuck with ... nothing? That doesn't seem fair, considering the fan base for the series. This goes for ALL developers too. If the fan base is there, don't cancel a half made game, take it somewhere else if you need to, but don't cancel.
Branhelm 24

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Dec 2012, 00:02

Decent_Jam wrote:Crikey, all politics and backstabbing at the top eh?

Shame as I've never played a Battlefront game and Bezza as well as others speak very highly of the series - not that it needs much selling to me as a self-confessed Star Wars geek.

Think battlefield, but star wars, and space battles and jedi that are relatively fun to play. Think ecstasy - that is the feeling playing BF2.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Dec 2012, 09:58

The point about Disney now being in charge is an interesting one though, surely if you were Disney you would be looking over everything in production across your entire estate and wondering what was worth going after and what wasn't. If they decide against something else, there lies your freed up money to get this back in the running again. Of course we are at risk of rose-tinted glasses syndrome at this late stage.

Generally not quite as good as battlefield but it was star wars and had pretty original space battles in which you could take out the opponents ship by destroying certain bits or landing in the hanger and do it on foot from the inside. You could also be darth vader.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Fumps » 05 Dec 2012, 13:38

Aww gawd
Why does the games industry bring out the same crap over & over then with anything that's individual & is as fantastic as Battlefront and they make a mess of it.

Stop moaning & make the bloody thing !
Fumps 19

Postby RickyBlaze » 05 Dec 2012, 15:32

Wow, how old are these people? Nobody cares who is at fault, they just wanted to play the game.
Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite games and I really wanted a new one on this console. But let's be honest, the 360 is nearing it's end and this game won't appear. I don't understand why people continue to drag this subject up. I lost interest a long time ago. There's no point in hoping for something that never happens
RickyBlaze 4

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Dec 2012, 15:46

RickyBlaze wrote:Wow, how old are these people? Nobody cares who is at fault, they just wanted to play the game.
Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite games and I really wanted a new one on this console. But let's be honest, the 360 is nearing it's end and this game won't appear. I don't understand why people continue to drag this subject up. I lost interest a long time ago. There's no point in hoping for something that never happens

We kept draging up Star Wars before and they made new films after 20 years...not necessarily a good thing but there you go.

And fans of The Wizard of Oz got an official sequel after 47 years. Good things come to those who wait and write petitions.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby SkinnerChinner » 07 Dec 2012, 13:43

You can add my name to that long list! When I finally got my hands on a copy of the first game on the PS2, constantly played local split screen with my brother. Me, being the tyranical older sibling, as the Empire, providing my very best Emperor Palpatine impression whilst whittling down his futile Rebel resistance :twisted:

Never played online however, but judging from the single/local multiplayer...the series is practically screaming to use this generations online capabilities! If it wasn't BF3 we were talking about, I'd find it amusing those involved seem more intrested in "bad-mouthing" each other, rather than releasing a game thats more or less gaurenteed to sell...instead...I am disappoint...

Still, good point about Disney. Interesting to see if they do take up this newly acquired opportunity.
SkinnerChinner 35