to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC - Slingshot Content Pack released

Your comments on our articles.

Help the Triad blow up spaceships over China, or something

Xbox Live has another warm, wet helping of DLC for you in the form of XCOM: Enemy Unknown's Slingshot Content Pack, which costs 560 MP and includes new missions, customisation options and a new soldier.... read more

XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC - Slingshot Content Pack released

Postby Maverick_McCool » 04 Dec 2012, 14:22

To be honest this is last kind of DLC I could ask for with this game. Don't get me wrong , three new missions for a couple of quid is well worth a punt and I'll for sure give it a go. But I'd sooner just have more weapons , armors , classes , and customisation options with maybe a few new alien types and leave the plot (such as it is) well enough alone.

Odd that the stuff I crave the most out of this game is the kind of DLC that I would moan about if it was in something like Skyrim ( Weapon packs? House building? Pfft , gimmie a plot dammit! )

I guess it's because I almost feel like the plot of X-Com is of my own design , I don't need any more story missions for Jean-Luc "Make it so" Picard (Yeah , we're on Star Trek now) and the gang , I just need more toys for them to use.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC - Slingshot Content Pack release

Postby DGR1980 » 05 Dec 2012, 15:07

Oddly i'm entirely the opposite.

More maps would be better for me. Not even council missions, just some extra maps to add into the selection. Given you can end up playing hundreds of levels if you dont follow the priority missions, more variety there is enough, The weapon selection is enough.

The only thing i would want added to the characters is the option to choose the class.
DGR1980 39

Postby Maverick_McCool » 05 Dec 2012, 17:17

I've been playing my current game for about 30/40 hours and I'm still coming across maps I haven't seen before. I would agree that more customisation options would be welcome (although Will "Number 1" Riker looks scarily like his T.V counterpart!

But are you seriously telling me you wouldn't like some new toys to play with? At the moment as soon as you hit plasma (which you have to do pretty damn quickly or you'll get wiped out!) you have zero choice in how you gear your troops , I'd like to have a few more options. Flamethrowers anyone? Rail guns? the possibilites are endless.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby DGR1980 » 05 Dec 2012, 18:58

Maverick_McCool wrote: Flamethrowers anyone? Rail guns? the possibilites are endless.

Ok that i agree with. Particularly something that leaves an area of effect for a couple of turns (fire/ gas / electricity / other military foolishness) like the thin man weapons :D
DGR1980 39

Postby michaelhill2110 » 27 Dec 2012, 18:13

I just got this and am slightly disappointed, 3 new missions which consist of 2 new maps and one modified old one, and a single character. That's it. I wanted there to be more, a new enemy, a new weapon, something to change the game and add replay, as it is all I got was a character I can't edit, not even with any special abilities to separate him from the other heavies. The saving grace is the combination of price, and the mahoooosive boost in elerium and alloys, well over 300 of each, plus early access to fusion cores (used to make an upgraded rocket launcher), a cinicle person would say you pay for an early edge. But well.
michaelhill2110 35

Postby chubbylala » 13 Jan 2013, 21:53

That looks great, and I've already downloaded both DLC's, but for some reason they aren't activating in-game (for xbox 360), any ideas or help?

Rail guns? Sounds to me like someone would like Fallout 3.
chubbylala 1