to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skyrim DLC Dragonborn review: adventures of a rubbish Vampir

Your comments on our articles.

Ed sets foot outside Skyrim, and immediately wishes he hadn't

Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is out now, and while we'd love to bring you a review immediately, that would require time travel and the capacity to play for 30 hours non-stop. Instead, please enjoy the first part of the Dragonborn Diaries, recounting the adventures of our reviewer's chronically inept High Elf wizardress Sophia. A score will follow later this week.... read more

Skyrim DLC Dragonborn review: adventures of a rubbish Vampir

Postby JCHN » 04 Dec 2012, 23:34

Well, as soon as I entered the manor of the leader of Raven Rock (Dravyn Manor maybe??) the floor disappeared and the items kept falling into space and reappearing, and then falling, and so on. I tried to leave the room, but then I too became embroiled in this cycle of fall and appear, but, eventually, I reached the door. Still, its very buggy.
JCHN 56

Re: Skyrim DLC Dragonborn review: adventures of a rubbish Va

Postby RoboPenguin » 05 Dec 2012, 00:09

Having just finished Dawnguard a couple of days ago there's simply no way I'll be able to resist getting this before too long.

Just curious, if anyone's ripping through it, and without major spoilers, are there any/many references to the Nevereverevereverarine? Sinked a lot of hours into Morrowind back in the day.

I just wish I could remember how Bloodmoon ended...
RoboPenguin 12

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Dec 2012, 00:11

I heard there is more skyrim news to come early next year, which may mean more dlc! It was not ps3/pc related ie - releasing dragonborn for them - it was something new! Anyway, I'll grab this after far cry, and xcom... and...
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Grebo_Guru » 05 Dec 2012, 00:42

What a load of tosh this game is. I can't see how some overpriced rubbish DLC will improve it either. Stay well away unless you used to enjoy playing dungeons & dragons with silly little lead figures. Only spotty little virgins who get wet at the sight of an Orc will enjoy this one.
Grebo_Guru 2

Postby Decent_Jam » 05 Dec 2012, 00:46

Grebo_Guru wrote:What a load of tosh this game is. I can't see how some overpriced rubbish DLC will improve it either. Stay well away unless you used to enjoy playing dungeons & dragons with silly little lead figures. Only spotty little virgins who get wet at the sight of an Orc will enjoy this one.

I think what you've done there is confuse Dungeons and Dragons with Warhammer.

But more importantly: You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to be rude - particularly in your first post on the site.

Feel free to browse the rules: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16461
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Dec 2012, 01:56

Grebo_Guru wrote:What a load of tosh this game is. I can't see how some overpriced rubbish DLC will improve it either. Stay well away unless you used to enjoy playing dungeons & dragons with silly little lead figures. Only spotty little virgins who get wet at the sight of an Orc will enjoy this one.

I'm all for different opinions, but at least explain yours and don't be so hostile. You just come across as a bit of a douche otherwise, come on now.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Dec 2012, 03:10

:lol: He isn't going to do that though,typical one post d*ckhead who hasn't even got the common courtesy to get his facts right before he posts.Pretty obvious he has never played Skyrim or can't,typical loud mouthed t*at,who thinks he's clever and instead just made himself look like a buffooon,lol.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby DarthTwitch » 05 Dec 2012, 09:21

Hahahahaha! Piss-poor attempt at trolling by someone who hasn't played either D+D, Warhammer, OR Skyrim to know what he's talking about! 3/10!
Enjoy my hate-filled, vitriolic ranting? You should! For more information, verbally assault me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

I write in Bold. Deal with it.
DarthTwitch 14

Postby kronk10 » 05 Dec 2012, 11:05

Trolling is becoming really boring now! not that it ever was interesting its just that the troll must have nothing better to do at all than just randomly join sites just to annoy people. Gone are the day where a decent troll would hide under a bridge or eat some innocent goats/sheep or attack a village :roll:
kronk10 41

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Dec 2012, 11:14

kronk10 wrote:Trolling is becoming really boring now! not that it ever was interesting its just that the troll must have nothing better to do at all than just randomly join sites just to annoy people. Gone are the day where a decent troll would hide under a bridge or eat some innocent goats/sheep or attack a village :roll:

Heh, "trollstalgia".
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Dec 2012, 11:28

Yay, another Ed is crap article to brighten my day and feel less awful about my own crapness :D
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Dec 2012, 11:35

CunningSmile wrote:Yay, another Ed is crap article to brighten my day and feel less awful about my own crapness :D

Don't let someone elses moronicity get in the way of feeling awful :P I'm just glad it's not snowing down here. Had to scrape it all off the car this morning. My car hates mornings with a passion.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby RoboPenguin » 05 Dec 2012, 11:48

FishyGinger wrote: Moronicity.

This may be my new favourite word. I'm going to drop it into conversation at the first possible opportunification.
RoboPenguin 12

Postby lawsond28 » 05 Dec 2012, 13:41

I'd just like to take the opportunification to emphasise the complete and total moronicity of this posting.
Grebo_Guru, you sir are a loser of unimaginatable proportionations.
Never trust a dog to watch your food.
lawsond28 32

Postby Bilbo42 » 05 Dec 2012, 19:05

What a load of tosh this game is. I can't see how some overpriced rubbish DLC will improve it either. Stay well away unless you used to enjoy playing dungeons & dragons with silly little lead figures. Only spotty little virgins who get wet at the sight of an Orc will enjoy this one.

Well, the only thing I can say in response is that there must be millions of spotty little virgins out there considering the success of both the Lord of the Rings movies and the novel they were adapted from. I think the movies have recently been voted best films of all time in Total Film magazine. Skyrim was voted game of the year recently. Also many people, myself included, are eagerly looking forward to the three Hobbit movies.

I personally enjoy Skyrim, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, the tv series Game of Thrones and yes I have played Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons. I am neither spotty, little or a virgin!

If you don't like a game fair enough, there are many games I don't like, but saying derogatory things about people who do like the things you don't like says more about who you are as a person than anything else.
Bilbo42 2

Next