to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Mass Effect 3 DLC in the works, could involve the Citade

Your comments on our articles.

What colour beam did you get?

BioWare has more-or-less announced work on another Mass Effect 3 DLC pack, in a series of Tweets and forum quotes scraped together by Eurogamer. The expansion is in production at BioWare Edmonton, co-developer of Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, which reportedly "shares systems" with the undisclosed Mass Effect 4.... read more

New Mass Effect 3 DLC in the works, could involve the Citade

Postby scotty » 05 Dec 2012, 13:19

Oooh, grumpy! I thought Leviathan was superb myself :P

This new development sound interesting, but I've still not bought Omega yet.. I might wait a while longer then knowing there's at least one more piece on the way. :)
scotty 49

Re: New Mass Effect 3 DLC in the works, could involve the Ci

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Dec 2012, 13:29

I'm having a real with the ME3 DLC. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and usually buy all the DLC almost as soon as I can but with this one it just seems pointless.

The story has finished. I know how it finishes, and revisiting side missions from before the end just feels futile. I can understand why doing DLC after the end would be difficult (and probably result in Bioware being firebombed by enraged fans) but asking me to keep coming back after I've got closure and moved on just seems weird.

I'd probably feel differently if it was completely stand alone. Omega with us playing as Aria would be fun, as would any DLC that fleshed out the universe and took support characters and thrust them into the limelight, but keep going back to Shepard just feels like all those songs and novels that get released decades after the writer died.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Alaric14 » 05 Dec 2012, 13:37

scotty wrote:Oooh, grumpy! I thought Leviathan was superb myself :P

This new development sound interesting, but I've still not bought Omega yet.. I might wait a while longer then knowing there's at least one more piece on the way. :)

Wait until Omega comes down to 800MP, it will lessen the sting.

Glad to see at least one more single player DLC for Mass Effect 3 in development, I'm interested to find out how they're going to use the Citadel. Could it be investigating the bowels of the station to uncover Reaper intel? I'm looking forward to it.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby RoboPenguin » 05 Dec 2012, 15:38

I'm starting to think I might hold off on my Omega purchase if there's another DLC on the way. If I save them both for a new trilogy playthrough later next year i'll have something new to discover with a new Shepherd.

Maybe i'll let everyone die along the way to see if Shepherd is any more grumpy by the end...
RoboPenguin 12

Postby Fionarei » 05 Dec 2012, 15:41

funny how a lot of people on Bioware forum agree that it's the Leviathan that is very good but Omega is bad.
Fionarei 13

Postby Alaric14 » 05 Dec 2012, 20:04

Fionarei wrote:funny how a lot of people on Bioware forum agree that it's the Leviathan that is very good but Omega is bad.

It seems they have greater appreciation for the waste of excellent source material, but I wouldn't say Omega was 'bad', it just didn't match up to Leviathan's tense atmosphere, the presentation, or the menace of the threat you faced. I can't understand how Omega is worth 400MP extra, either, but that's a relatively minor issue. How much is 400MP, after all? Maybe a couple of quid? I buy a pint of Guinness for more than that.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby Fionarei » 06 Dec 2012, 00:57

Alaric14 wrote:
Fionarei wrote:funny how a lot of people on Bioware forum agree that it's the Leviathan that is very good but Omega is bad.

It seems they have greater appreciation for the waste of excellent source material, but I wouldn't say Omega was 'bad', it just didn't match up to Leviathan's tense atmosphere, the presentation, or the menace of the threat you faced. I can't understand how Omega is worth 400MP extra, either, but that's a relatively minor issue. How much is 400MP, after all? Maybe a couple of quid? I buy a pint of Guinness for more than that.

Yeah, it's not bad. Just that it could've been better.
1200MP for 3 hours and 90% combat, no connection to the story = standalone mission, is a bit much for me.

800MP would've justified it though.
Fionarei 13

Postby Jackotiny » 19 Jan 2013, 09:09

I think that Leviathon and Omega were great dlc even though it did mean replaying the game over again to see the full extent of the dlc but i did really enjoying the storyline behind it.
With the new dlc, if it does involve the citadel, i think it might have something to do with the keepers. the strange bug-like creatures only get talked about in the 1st mass effect and you know only a little bit about them afterwards. if it will be affecting the ending of the entire game then it could see that you are able to gain control of the keepers, who are still there when you beam up after the assualt on earth, and stop the reapers and cerberus from gaining control of the citadel.
Jackotiny 13