to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bethesda brands Skyrim Snow Elf, Spear DLC rumours "a mix of

Your comments on our articles.

"Let's not take advantage of the community's fervor to peddle silliness"

Bethesda programmer Ricardo Gonzalez has shot down an interesting Reddit rumour about the nature of future Skyrim DLC, assuming there is any.... read more

Bethesda brands Skyrim Snow Elf, Spear DLC rumours "a mix of

Postby DarthTwitch » 07 Dec 2012, 10:45

I understand that it must be frustrating to have to deal with fake comments like this, as a developer. But to say, and I quote, "let's not take advantage of the community's fervor to peddle silliness"...well. Seems like they hold those of us gamers who are excited about upcoming ideas and/or expansions and DLC in contempt. Nice, Bethesda. Thanks.
Enjoy my hate-filled, vitriolic ranting? You should! For more information, verbally assault me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

I write in Bold. Deal with it.
DarthTwitch 14

Re: Bethesda brands Skyrim Snow Elf, Spear DLC rumours "a mi

Postby DGR1980 » 07 Dec 2012, 10:51

DarthTwitch wrote:I understand that it must be frustrating to have to deal with fake comments like this, as a developer. But to say, and I quote, "let's not take advantage of the community's fervor to peddle silliness"...well. Seems like they hold those of us gamers who are excited about upcoming ideas and/or expansions and DLC in contempt. Nice, Bethesda. Thanks.

Think you're misreading that slightly.

To me that reads more that because people are so keen for skyrim dlc and news, there are asshats out there spreading bullshit.
DGR1980 39

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Dec 2012, 11:39

DGR1980 wrote:
DarthTwitch wrote:I understand that it must be frustrating to have to deal with fake comments like this, as a developer. But to say, and I quote, "let's not take advantage of the community's fervor to peddle silliness"...well. Seems like they hold those of us gamers who are excited about upcoming ideas and/or expansions and DLC in contempt. Nice, Bethesda. Thanks.

Think you're misreading that slightly.

To me that reads more that because people are so keen for skyrim dlc and news, there are asshats out there spreading bullshit.

Exactly how I read it.

But frankly anyone who believes a report on Reddit from someone who went to college with a person whose cat once sat on the fence of the milkman who delivered to the mother of a Bethesda employee (who might well work in the canteen) is just setting themselves up for disappointment.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Vegetunks9000 » 07 Dec 2012, 20:23

What if the cat told you?
Yes yes, over 9000, i know, i know
Vegetunks9000 33

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Dec 2012, 11:30

Vegetunks9000 wrote:What if the cat told you?

Since it's Skyrim related: Then the cat would be entirely untrustworthy, have a thick foreign accent and probably be addicted to skooma :lol:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Matt Rushford » 07 Jan 2013, 04:15

Here is how i see the next 2 dlc's. First, The snow elf-nordy-dwarfy dlc thingy "Delve into the cultures of old with the (dlc name here) dlc. Uncover the truths of the ancients and uncover new armor, weapons and new and powerful ancient foes. Learn the truth about the ancient Dwemer, Falmer, and Nedes and (something else).

Final DLC- "The time of war has come. For so long the Thalmor have picked away at the Empire. That is why we ask you Dragonborn, to join us in a quest to root out the Thalmor and restore the Empire! A new king must be found. One who is strong, brave, and honorable to drive out the Aldmeri Dominion from Tamriel!
(dragonborn should obviously become High King god of all mortal kind and crush elven skulls under his boots)
Matt Rushford 1