to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

BioWare's cancelled spy game "Agent" revealed - James Bond w

Your comments on our articles.

"He's a suave manipulator, he's a talented martial artist, he's a secret agent."

It's been a prosperous week for revelations about cancelled games. As reported by Eurogamer, BioWare was once down to develop a spy game comparable to the Jason Bourne and Bond licenses.... read more

BioWare's cancelled spy game "Agent" revealed - James Bond w

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Dec 2012, 11:33

I've never understood publishers fears over spy games. The Bond and Bourne films are some of the highest grossing in cinema history, 24 is one of the highest rated TV shows of the last decade and yet publishers are always worried that a spy game won't sell?! Idiots, people love spys and an RPG that allows you mould your own play style and captures every part of the experience would sell massively. Even Alpha Protocol, flawed gem that it was, managed to shift units despite being badly advertised, buggy as hell, poorly reviewed and coming from a B grade developer.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: BioWare's cancelled spy game "Agent" revealed - James Bo

Postby Bezza89 » 07 Dec 2012, 11:53

If it's any consolation R* North are making a game called... Agent.

lol at EA not snapping it up - how can you not just trust in a company that used to be the best developer around until they were took under EAs wing - even so they'd have created an excellent game I'm sure. Do another Mass Effect! Yay :roll:

They're supposedly doing a new IP whilst the Edmonton or whoever are making me4, I heard it was a detective story.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 07 Dec 2012, 19:27

I enjoyed what I played of Alpha Protocol. The "spy RPG" idea was solid, Obsidian just didn't get the time to give it that last bit of polish and it fell victim to SEGA's inability to make a success of any game that doesn't have a blue hedgehog in it.

I reckon BioWare of old would have done a better job with Agent, but under EA, not so much.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby GallifreyDog » 07 Dec 2012, 21:03

Bezza89 wrote:If it's any consolation R* North are making a game called... Agent.

Are they still making it? I'd love to hear more about it. As I recall though it's a PS3 exclusive, and to be honest I think they've got enough exclusives.
GallifreyDog 26

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Dec 2012, 23:42

EA destroying a good idea? Who'd of thought :roll:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67