to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bioshock Infinite: 7 reasons why it's the most exciting game

Your comments on our articles.

Hands-on with Irrational's sky-high sequel

Bioshock Infinite. Are you worried about it? Are you concerned that the staff leaving Irrational, pushed-back release dates (ETA currently running at March 26), and recruitment of Epic Games' Rod Fergusson means that Bioshock has lost its path? Well, so was I. But after playing the first three hours, I'm back on board. Here are seven reasons why.... read more

Bioshock Infinite: 7 reasons why it's the most exciting game

Postby Colltrane » 07 Dec 2012, 16:07

Although I wasn't overly impressed with Bioshock 2, I think Infinite is shaping up to be one of the best games of next year... Premature? Maybe, but the quality is obvious from the glimpses we've seen.
Colltrane 8

Re: Bioshock Infinite: 7 reasons why it's the most exciting

Postby lawsond28 » 07 Dec 2012, 16:39

Worried? Absolutely not. This is without question the most anticipated game of 2013 for me. I'm that excited about it, I don't even mind waiting another month for it to be released.
Never trust a dog to watch your food.
lawsond28 32

Postby GallifreyDog » 07 Dec 2012, 18:58

"The ridiculous hacking game has gone."

Good. Hated it, really found it hard to enjoy BioShock 1 because of this.
GallifreyDog 26

Postby msbhvn » 07 Dec 2012, 19:11

I'm really looking forward to Infinite, like I look forward to any game you can't describe in one sentence that includes the name of another game. It might have been a little too long in development and end up as the gaming equivalent of Prometheus, a pretentious mess that makes little sense in the end, but after what seems like fifteen years of waiting, it's still going to be a unique experience. Hopefully Infinite will surpass the likes of LA Noire and Alan Wake, which were slightly over-ambitious and fell a litlle flat as a result.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby mulieman » 08 Dec 2012, 22:57

My only fear for Infinite is that it will loose the one unique edge that Bioshock 1 and 2 had. The twisted claustaphobic environment. However this is coming from Kevin Levine and the twist on the setting (i.e. in the sky) its bound to be an interest IP.
mulieman 9

Postby i_wantMOAR » 09 Dec 2012, 13:25

"and as we all know, Bioshock has form with bad endings."

Couldn't disagree more, but then again it seems that everyone at OXM didn't see any problems with the mass effect 3 or assassins creed 3 endings, so I wont take your word for it.
i_wantMOAR 13

Postby msbhvn » 09 Dec 2012, 17:27

i_wantMOAR wrote:"and as we all know, Bioshock has form with bad endings."

Couldn't disagree more, but then again it seems that everyone at OXM didn't see any problems with the mass effect 3 or assassins creed 3 endings, so I wont take your word for it.

I think Log means the ill-fitting boss battle at the very end of BioShock that Ken Levine regretted including.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Dec 2012, 11:27

i_wantMOAR wrote:"and as we all know, Bioshock has form with bad endings."

Come on, seriously? The ending of Bioshock was amazing...and then they stuck another hour of game play on after that and had us fight a giant that looked like the genie from Disney's Aladdin. It was terrible!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby DarthTwitch » 20 Dec 2012, 19:25

It will kick your asses. Have faith in Lord Levine.
Enjoy my hate-filled, vitriolic ranting? You should! For more information, verbally assault me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

I write in Bold. Deal with it.
DarthTwitch 14