to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC save-wipe problem to get "speedy and

Your comments on our articles.

Community developer shares safety tips

Ubisoft is looking into a "rare" bug with the recently released Assassin's Creed 3 Hidden Secrets DLC which deletes save data. While you wait, please bear in mind community developer Gabe Graziani's advice about avoiding the problem.... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC save-wipe problem to get "speedy and

Postby msbhvn » 08 Dec 2012, 00:13

Kudos to Ubi for making it known how to avoid this bug, but isn't playing the game while the DLC downloads a very common thing, especially when the Season Pass requires you to start the game from the dashboard and use the game's main menu to download the DLC?

This is almost as big a QA fail as the Skyrim texture bug, IMO. If they're not testing things that the end user will do on a retail machine, then what else aren't they testing?
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 DLC save-wipe problem to get "speedy

Postby Bezza89 » 08 Dec 2012, 01:14

msbhvn wrote:
If they're not testing things that the end user will do on a retail machine, then what else aren't they testing?

Well, to take this into immature land for your namesake, they're not testing how long it takes for a fat guy to do cartwheels. Or AIDS, they're not testing for AIDS. Missed a trick, I know - but there you have it. What about how it plays in a non-gravity environment? You got it!! No testing in that department.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 DLC save-wipe problem to get "speedy

Postby msbhvn » 08 Dec 2012, 17:30

:lol:

What I meant to say was that bugs like this and the Skyrim texture bug are caused by very common things. Then you have bugs like the Borderlands 2 Slaughter Dome bug where if you die and restart a round, the enemies stop spawning. And a similar bug I found in Max Payne 3 where if you die during a certain section, a cutscene won't trigger and you fall through the floor. It implies that all that passes for QA testing these days is people doing speed runs with a god mode cheat and they're relying on the end users to find all the bugs for them, while paying for the privilege.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66