to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 Spartan Ops trailer shows off new maps

Your comments on our articles.

Episodes 6-10 get high octane montage

In case you missed the mail, Halo 4's Spartan Ops component is on hiatus over Christmas. The second half of the series commences on 21st January, and just so you're not driven utterly bonkers by withdrawal symptoms, here's a video of some of the forthcoming missions and maps.... read more

Halo 4 Spartan Ops trailer shows off new maps

Postby Cokney Charmer » 10 Dec 2012, 10:59

Oh, wasnt aware there was going to be a break in Spartan Ops for Xmas....thats a shame, it was something to look forward too

Been quite a negative reaction to the first map map by the community, also has to be noted that the online population for the game has more then halved since launch

I am looking forward to getting the new maps, it will make me play other game types then the usual Regicide, Team Slayer/Regicide and Swat I have stuck to up to now
Twitter = @CockneyCharmer
Cokney Charmer 21

Re: Halo 4 Spartan Ops trailer shows off new maps

Postby Thos. » 10 Dec 2012, 12:28

Cokney Charmer wrote:the online population for the game has more then halved since launch

I couldn't believe this statistic, after the longevity of previous Halos, but I just looked it up, and it's actually a quarter of its launch population. This is pretty terrible, and proves that you can't just copy COD and expect to steal their player base while completely alienating your own.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailyp ... lation/all
Thos. 43

Postby PonderingWalrus » 10 Dec 2012, 18:10

I was also unaware of this break. Guess it explains why I couldn't find a new episode today. Hopefully they will be injecting a load of new content into it when it comes back, I am really getting sick of going back to The Fortress every 5 minutes (which, I just realised yesterday, is simply a reskinned environment from the campaign).
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Zombie Trooper » 12 Dec 2012, 10:00

Thos. wrote: proves that you can't just copy COD and expect to steal their player base while completely alienating your own.

I don't think that they have copied CoD just for putting in class creation, look at every other fps out at the moment, and is just an extension of the class selection in Reach. Still feels like a Halo game to me even with this added on. The only thing that is alienating me at the moment about Halo 4 is that there still is no Grifball.

Was a bit surprised myself when the release date came out, but by the looks of it they have created complete new maps for the next half of the episode, and it looks like they is going to be a long-sword segment. I think its going to be worth the wait.
Zombie Trooper 26