to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4 could take place in Brazil - report

Your comments on our articles.

Trip to South America in store for Altair's descendants

The next Assassin's Creed title could take place in Brazil, according to a Techtudo interview with Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot, picked up by Gamespot.... read more

Assassin's Creed 4 could take place in Brazil - report

Postby PaladinRonin » 10 Dec 2012, 11:38

Seems a bit too early to call, but so long as it fits with the story and links with Desmond, then I really don't mind. It would be good to get around the globe more. We have had the Middle East, the Italian CIty States (twice), Constantinople and now the American Colonies/United States. As we have already had the Italian City States twice and in a row and given the annoying bais of the American trip that was eye-rollingly patriotic, somwhere very diffrent would be good, so why not Brazil?
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 could take place in Brazil - report

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Dec 2012, 11:58

Sorry to be picky Ed but do you mean Desmond's ancestors? Or are you onto some juicy gossip that it's set in the future?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Dec 2012, 11:59

You're correct, sir - edited.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Dec 2012, 13:22

Does this mean the next Assassin could wear a fruit hat?

Kind of makes sense with the next World Cup in Brazil. The only reason I can why they chose America is for the US election. :wink:
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby LUCASH525 » 10 Dec 2012, 16:44

Oh i'm "so" exited ubisoft are further murdering the once brilliant Assassins Creed series if i wanted to manslaughter i would ask for Modern Warfare 4.
LUCASH525 7

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Dec 2012, 16:46

LUCASH525 wrote:Oh i'm "so" exited ubisoft are further murdering the once brilliant Assassins Creed series if i wanted to manslaughter i would ask for Modern Warfare 4.

Aargh, that's the third sarcasm detector that's overloaded and exploded this month!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Gazisdaman » 10 Dec 2012, 19:07

That depends on what time period the setting in Brazil takes place in is it pre or post Spanish occupation or is it during the colonization, the character being a Spanish conquistador who learns that his actions in supposedly recruiting new assassins are actually controlled by the Templars in a ploy for the great wealth in the region not to mention creating not just a link in the games between AC2 and 3 but also a possible explanation to why Haytham was a Templar while delving deeper into maesoamerican culture which they could use due to the nature of the mystery regarding them, the Mayans after all predicted the world end in 2012 which ties in to the overall back story.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby NobleWarrior92 » 10 Dec 2012, 19:34

I enjoyed the Colonial America setting, and the prospect of Brazil sounds good but I think if it were to be set there then it should be a modern day Favela setting. I dont know how the combat would work but the free running would certainly be a blast. Another setting that would be great for me would actually be England, a character similar to Robin Hood in medieval times could work. In fact what the heck, have Robin Hood himself as a badass assassin, and the Sheriff of Nottingham as a Templar 8)
NobleWarrior92 13

Postby Marcio Andrei » 11 Dec 2012, 00:45

Gazisdaman wrote:That depends on what time period the setting in Brazil takes place in is it pre or post Spanish occupation or is it during the colonization, the character being a Spanish conquistador who learns that his actions in supposedly recruiting new assassins are actually controlled by the Templars in a ploy for the great wealth in the region not to mention creating not just a link in the games between AC2 and 3 but also a possible explanation to why Haytham was a Templar while delving deeper into maesoamerican culture which they could use due to the nature of the mystery regarding them, the Mayans after all predicted the world end in 2012 which ties in to the overall back story.

Hello
Brazil was colonized by Portugueses and not by Spanishes. So the character could be a Portuguese conqueror.
Marcio Andrei 1

Postby Gazisdaman » 11 Dec 2012, 10:22

Marcio Andrei wrote:
Gazisdaman wrote:That depends on what time period the setting in Brazil takes place in is it pre or post Spanish occupation or is it during the colonization, the character being a Spanish conquistador who learns that his actions in supposedly recruiting new assassins are actually controlled by the Templars in a ploy for the great wealth in the region not to mention creating not just a link in the games between AC2 and 3 but also a possible explanation to why Haytham was a Templar while delving deeper into maesoamerican culture which they could use due to the nature of the mystery regarding them, the Mayans after all predicted the world end in 2012 which ties in to the overall back story.

Hello
Brazil was colonized by Portugueses and not by Spanishes. So the character could be a Portuguese conqueror.

Sorry I'm not too read up on that part of history so I was really just making assumptions but wouldn't the same thing work just with him being portugese?
Gazisdaman 35

Postby michaelhill2110 » 28 Dec 2012, 17:48

Has anyone done the final prolog mission of AC3? And then looked at the achevement picture your given? Think about the ending of the game, and see if the pieces click.

I will give spoilers if people ask but really don't want to.
michaelhill2110 35

Postby scott morgan » 24 Jan 2013, 19:21

NobleWarrior92 wrote:I enjoyed the Colonial America setting, and the prospect of Brazil sounds good but I think if it were to be set there then it should be a modern day Favela setting. I dont know how the combat would work but the free running would certainly be a blast. Another setting that would be great for me would actually be England, a character similar to Robin Hood in medieval times could work. In fact what the heck, have Robin Hood himself as a badass assassin, and the Sheriff of Nottingham as a Templar 8)

Im english, i think that those two settings would be SO COOL! i hope that they would do that!
scott morgan 1

Postby FishyGinger » 25 Jan 2013, 10:23

NobleWarrior92 wrote:I enjoyed the Colonial America setting, and the prospect of Brazil sounds good but I think if it were to be set there then it should be a modern day Favela setting. I dont know how the combat would work but the free running would certainly be a blast.

Even better if your character was an alcoholic with a thing for painkillers, you could dual wield guns in slow motion, wear a funky colourful shirt, be bald and be called Max.

Brazil isn't exactly inspiring but neither was Boston. As long as it has some nice landmarks.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66