to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Treyarch on Black Ops 2 balancing: "math" matters more than

Your comments on our articles.

"Sometimes what you have to say and the math agree."

In a series of Tweets, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 game design director David Vondehaar has detailed the thinking between on-going twiddling of Black Ops 2's gun balance, insisting that what telemetry tells developers about player behaviour is more important than what players actually say.... read more

Treyarch on Black Ops 2 balancing: "math" matters more than

Postby RetroDad » 10 Dec 2012, 13:14

Reading the changes all makes sense now. I was playing online after installing the patch last night and my trusty MSMC felt like an airsoft gun. I was losing nearly every hip fire exchange and my suppressed smg class felt even weaker. Ah well.. it's nice that players now have longer to react than 0.01 seconds to an enemy lightning strike.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 35

Re: Treyarch on Black Ops 2 balancing: "math" matters more t

Postby Baryonyx » 11 Dec 2012, 21:59

The SMG's needed nerfing overall, they are generally far too powerful and quick to ADS with. The assault rifles in general needed a boost. The LMG's are languishing, they are just too slow when engaging ADS. Sniper rifles, on the other hand, are still being speed-scoped...they need attention.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 37