to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 DLC Crimson Map Pack released

Your comments on our articles.

Harvest, Shatter and Wreckage now yours for the blowing up

Halo 4's Crimson Map Pack is now available to download, adding three new maps and expanded access to multiplayer mode Extraction. It costs 800 MP.... read more

Halo 4 DLC Crimson Map Pack released

Postby Metalrodent » 10 Dec 2012, 15:05

well hopefully assuming the code worked and i wont have to pay for this (800 for 3 maps still seems a bit steep, hopefully they'll have forge world variants)
also not liking those achievements - cause it destroys any possibity of me getting 100% achievements :evil:
On the plus side the maps do look quite cool
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Halo 4 DLC Crimson Map Pack released

Postby LinkToon1 » 10 Dec 2012, 17:40

I don't think it's letting Season Pass holders download the map pack... :cry:
LinkToon1 25

Postby Cokney Charmer » 10 Dec 2012, 18:02

Well, the Crimson Map Pack, Crimson Playlist and in game message to say it was available all happened at 10am GMT

You could buy the Map pack as standalone for 800MSP

LE owners, and those who spent 2000 MSP buying the War Games Pass, quickly found that they could not have access to the new Map Pack. They took to the official forums on www.halowaypoint.com, to their twitter account and to Xbox Support to find out what was going on

It took over 5 hours to get any response, 6 hours to get a reply from 343i

The maximum number of people playing the new Crimson Playlist is currently - 1243 people...and 7 hours after the problem was discovered and reported by users, the issue still exists

Chalk it up to another HALO 4 failure by 343i and Microsoft support letting down HALO fans once again, sadly this has been the worse launch of a HALO game in the ten year history of the series
Twitter = @CockneyCharmer
Cokney Charmer 21

Postby PonderingWalrus » 10 Dec 2012, 18:05

Wasted a good 30mins of my life this morning before realising the map pass was broken. Don't know if it still is and don't care, I've gone back to Skyrim to learn to ride dragons. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 10 Dec 2012, 22:07

Apparently the Map Pack is free for everyone at the moment due to some mess ups at the other end. You just go onto Halo and download it off the menu.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_pos ... ryone.aspx
Jobe wan kenobi 42

Postby PonderingWalrus » 11 Dec 2012, 10:45

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:FAIL-O 4 continues to shine :cry: Thank you Certain Affinity for ruining my all time favourite game franchise at least the campaign lived up to the hype :D If I wanted to play COD then I would play COD why alienate your own fan base ? No wonder there was no beta :roll:

Major balls ups aside, Halo 4 is a cracking game. Deal with it. :P
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 11 Dec 2012, 13:55

I'm absolutely gutted! I didn't realise that the War Games Pass was included with the Limited Edition version of the game and so splashed out 2000 msp on the Pass. Surely Microsoft could slightly alter the progamming to prevent people buying DLC that they have already paid for. Once you buy DLC a tick is placed next to it and you are only then able to re-download it, not pay for it again. Yet if you buy a Season Pass for any game, you can then go into the individual DLC's for the game and pay for the item. Would it be too bigger ask for the purchase of the Season Pass to then put a tick in all the associated DLC? Likewise, if you enter a code that entitles you to the Season Pass it should do the same. Gutted....! :oops:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby ChopperCampbell » 11 Dec 2012, 14:19

PonderingWalrus wrote:
MasterChiefJ117 wrote:FAIL-O 4 continues to shine :cry: Thank you Certain Affinity for ruining my all time favourite game franchise at least the campaign lived up to the hype :D If I wanted to play COD then I would play COD why alienate your own fan base ? No wonder there was no beta :roll:

Major balls ups aside, Halo 4 is a cracking game. Deal with it. :P

Well said Walrus.
ChopperCampbell 21

Postby LinkToon1 » 11 Dec 2012, 17:49

It started working last night anyway, so it's no major loss :)
LinkToon1 25

Postby beeteelle » 12 Dec 2012, 00:29

Went online earlier and was able to download the pack for free on the marketplace. Was considering leaving this until christmas with it being 800mp for 3 maps, but who can argue with free? :D
beeteelle 12