to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Your comments on our articles.

Free Kinect game, Minecraft add-ons, Black Knight Sword

This week's Xbox Live Marketplace update is worth taking note of, despite the absence of any obvious big-hitters. For one thing, Double Fine's Kinect Party is free to download from now till 31st December. I know, I know - it's a Kinect game, but according to Log it's a remarkably fun one. Those with children should definitely take an interest.... read more

Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Postby lazercut123 » 11 Dec 2012, 16:19

I think that I will buy EVERYTHING...... Except all the stuff that isn't the minecraft skin pack. So yeah, the minecraft skin pack.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Re: Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Postby PonderingWalrus » 11 Dec 2012, 17:19

I too will probably fork out for the Minecraft Skin Pack. The price is too small to be insulting.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby PonderingWalrus » 11 Dec 2012, 17:20

I'm also considering buying Guardians of Middle Earth (in which case I may purchase some of the dlc for it) but am not too sure as the trial did not make much of an impression.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby ABitOfACock » 12 Dec 2012, 12:01

you're kidding right ???

this month I shall be mostly purchasing... stuff from lush... on account of Christmas and wanting to stay married...
ABitOfACock 21

Postby FishyGinger » 12 Dec 2012, 13:02

ABitOfACock wrote:you're kidding right ???

this month I shall be mostly purchasing... stuff from lush... on account of Christmas and wanting to stay married...

Lush? I think you're kidding. It smells like someone ate several tonnes of sherbet then threw up everywhere, it's horrible.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby planejoker » 12 Dec 2012, 13:19

Why oh why is the free games always Kinect games :(
planejoker 6

Postby bamozzy » 12 Dec 2012, 14:09

planejoker wrote:Why oh why is the free games always Kinect games :(

It seems that way doesn't it! Maybe they hope that by giving away the free Kinect Games we will buy the full price release Kinect games. Unfortunately they are generally really bad or at best predictable with no depth (maybe good party fun games) but generally cannot even compete with the quality of mediocre normal control based games. So no matter what they try and pass off as a free 'game', unless ANY game is worthy - regardless of control method - I will not buy it!

That being said I am always interested in FREE games (I can always delete them after getting any achievements if I can be bothered) but I have hunted for 'Kinect Party' but can't see it to get it!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Postby LTS_3 » 13 Dec 2012, 12:26

Just searched on xbox.com for "Kinect Party" and "Double Fine Kinect Party" - no sign of this free game?
LTS_3 2

Postby bamozzy » 13 Dec 2012, 12:54

LTS_3 wrote:Just searched on xbox.com for "Kinect Party" and "Double Fine Kinect Party" - no sign of this free game?

As far as I know this is Free from 18th December but I can't even find it yet.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60