to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metro: Last Light - a post-apocalyptic world comes back to l

Your comments on our articles.

On the streets of a greener, deadlier Moscow

From Fallout's jazzy, shell-shocked America to the bleached dust of I Am Alive, the Xbox 360 has played host to a multitude of post-apocalyptic worlds, but this is the first time, to my knowledge, that it's given us a world that's in the process of getting better. Metro: Last Light occurs precisely one in-game year after Metro 2033, the grim yet startlingly rich exercise in tunnel-vision from 2010, and in that time, developer 4A's bedraggled depiction of Moscow has altered dramatically.... read more

Metro: Last Light - a post-apocalyptic world comes back to l

Postby LUCASH525 » 11 Dec 2012, 21:34

want it... now
LUCASH525 7

Re: Metro: Last Light - a post-apocalyptic world comes back

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 11:52

SPOILERS AHEAD

So which Metro 2033 ending does Last Light pick up from? The cheerful (but difficult to get) one in which you make peace with the alien looking dudes or the bleaker, depressing, very Russian and book accurate one where you start another thermonuclear war?

SPOILERS END
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Dec 2012, 11:54

I've edited a spoiler warning into that, Cunning - think of the children!

I'm not sure which ending Last Light picks up from. I'll give THQ a buzz.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 11:55

Cheers Ed, I'm feeling a bit fuzzy headed this morning and completely forgot about the spoiler warning bit.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 12 Dec 2012, 13:00

That'll be the cold for you. I've only played it once and decided for the latter ending. Possibly because I'm evil in most games I play.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 14:02

The other ending is actually surprisingly hard to get as it's a collection of small decisions like giving money to specific beggars throughout the game that aren't sign posted and you actually have to hunt out most of the time. You need to have clocked up about 12 out about 20 of these little things to get it and it's really easy to miss most of them.

And I've been told the darker ending is the one in the book anyway. Love the Russians, never have sunshine and light when you can have soul destroying nihlism.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby legendroadkill » 12 Dec 2012, 14:51

CunningSmile wrote:The other ending is actually surprisingly hard to get as it's a collection of small decisions like giving money to specific beggars throughout the game that aren't sign posted and you actually have to hunt out most of the time. You need to have clocked up about 12 out about 20 of these little things to get it and it's really easy to miss most of them.

And I've been told the darker ending is the one in the book anyway. Love the Russians, never have sunshine and light when you can have soul destroying nihlism.

what you on about dude all i did was reload the end of the game and shot the dark one.
cant wait for this game. and i think it will follow the dark ending like the book.
legendroadkill 13

Postby FishyGinger » 12 Dec 2012, 14:57

CunningSmile wrote:The other ending is actually surprisingly hard to get as it's a collection of small decisions like giving money to specific beggars throughout the game that aren't sign posted and you actually have to hunt out most of the time. You need to have clocked up about 12 out about 20 of these little things to get it and it's really easy to miss most of them.

Did you play stalker? No idea how many endings but the 'incorrect' ones I got are so upbeat in the normal russian way.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 15:29

legendroadkill wrote:

what you on about dude all i did was reload the end of the game and shot the dark one.
cant wait for this game. and i think it will follow the dark ending like the book.

That's the normal ending. The other isn't even possible unless you got your 12/20 events along the way.
Last edited by CunningSmile on 12 Dec 2012, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby kronk10 » 12 Dec 2012, 15:32

was waiting for oxm to get there hands on this, the last game was brilliant it was rough and the combat was odd but the sense of atmosphere and story was something no FPS has given me since playing half life on the pc. I am wanting to play this before bioshock infinite as i think this will be the better FPS
kronk10 41

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Dec 2012, 16:02

I'll have more about the other areas for you later today.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 17:00

OXM ETboy wrote:I'll have more about the other areas for you later today.

Yay thank you :mrgreen:
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Dec 2012, 18:39

Alas, I must break my promise. I've had other stuff to do this afternoon, and now I have to go see Bioshock Infinite. It's a tough life...
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby legendroadkill » 13 Dec 2012, 03:43

I do think your right Cunningsmiles i did play the balls out of that game.
legendroadkill 13