to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Canned Silicon Knights games: Eternal Darkness 2, Too Human:

Your comments on our articles.

Huge trove of images and artworks shows up on NeoGAFs

I was going to do some journalism today, but it seems NeoGAF user Mama Robotnik has already done all the journalism. This Friend of the People has just posted a massive, massive series of posts about Denis Dyack's troubled Silicon Knights studio, revealing a number of binned projects.... read more

Canned Silicon Knights games: Eternal Darkness 2, Too Human:

Postby Harry Young » 12 Dec 2012, 12:20

Misleading.
Harry Young 1

Re: Canned Silicon Knights games: Eternal Darkness 2, Too Hu

Postby OXM ETboy » 12 Dec 2012, 12:21

How so? Happy to make edits if you're in the right.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby ItchyRash » 12 Dec 2012, 12:40

Harry Young wrote:Misleading.

And the prize for worst contribution to a forum goes to.........HARRY YOUNG in "Misleading". A masterpiece.

I love how you've gone to all the trouble of crating a profile so you can post a comment only to write one word and not explain why it's misleading
ItchyRash 42

Postby FishyGinger » 12 Dec 2012, 12:51

ItchyRash wrote:
Harry Young wrote:Misleading.

And the prize for worst contribution to a forum goes to.........HARRY YOUNG in "Misleading". A masterpiece.

I love how you've gone to all the trouble of crating a profile so you can post a comment only to write one word and not explain why it's misleading

Ah balls, I was going for that award, bloody newcomers.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 12 Dec 2012, 14:21

Starting off topic with Harry Young - I read the article twice and couldn't work out what was misleading - perhaps he meant that his post was misleading! Are we witnessing the birth of a troll?

On topic - I'm curious, am I only one that actually enjoyed Too Human and who would actually have liked to see a sequel?
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Grummy » 12 Dec 2012, 14:29

Not really a loss. Denis Dyack was an A grade putz. I'll always fondly remember his rant at the gaming press/public for criticizing Too Human, telling us that his game was a masterpiece and we just 'didn't get it'. No mate, the problem was that I DID get it, and it cost £40 to do so, plus it was some of the worst crap I ever had the misfortune to own and play. What a nozzle.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby kronk10 » 12 Dec 2012, 15:35

Grummy wrote:Not really a loss. Denis Dyack was an A grade putz. I'll always fondly remember his rant at the gaming press/public for criticizing Too Human, telling us that his game was a masterpiece and we just 'didn't get it'. No mate, the problem was that I DID get it, and it cost £40 to do so, plus it was some of the worst crap I ever had the misfortune to own and play. What a nozzle.

It was awful i liked the idea and i did like some of the games features but oh my god it had the worst ever death sequence ever!!! I shudder at the very thought of it and was probably the worst ever idea in any computer game ever!
kronk10 41

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Dec 2012, 15:52

kronk10 wrote:
Grummy wrote:Not really a loss. Denis Dyack was an A grade putz. I'll always fondly remember his rant at the gaming press/public for criticizing Too Human, telling us that his game was a masterpiece and we just 'didn't get it'. No mate, the problem was that I DID get it, and it cost £40 to do so, plus it was some of the worst crap I ever had the misfortune to own and play. What a nozzle.

It was awful i liked the idea and i did like some of the games features but oh my god it had the worst ever death sequence ever!!! I shudder at the very thought of it and was probably the worst ever idea in any computer game ever!

I could have lived with the twenty minute unskippable death scene if it wasn't for the fact the whole game seemed designed to kill you as often as possible. Once in a game I could have lived with it, but every 10 seconds? I spent longer watching that bloody valkyri than I did actually playing.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 12 Dec 2012, 16:34

AllusiveTurtle wrote:Starting off topic with Harry Young - I read the article twice and couldn't work out what was misleading - perhaps he meant that his post was misleading! Are we witnessing the birth of a troll?

On topic - I'm curious, am I only one that actually enjoyed Too Human and who would actually have liked to see a sequel?

Having never played Too Human myself but based on the reaction in this forum I would say yes. Yes you are the only one that actually enjoyed Too Human :)

Fishy Ginger - you need to improve your one word, nonsensical posts before I start dishing out that award to you. You have my vote my finniest posts though. Only because I can't vote for myself you understand
ItchyRash 42

Postby comabob » 12 Dec 2012, 17:47

Dyak is a dick no question but i quite enjoyed Too Human and would have liked to see a sequel.
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby msbhvn » 12 Dec 2012, 18:33

Eternal Darkness was one of my favourite Gamecube games. It was genuinely creepy and unnerving, although it did lapse into the absurd when your sanity bar would get too low and your head fell off, which you would then have to chase and put back on. You had to complete the game three times, picking a different one of the three battling "ancients" each time, to get the true ending. I never saw it, as the game was about thirty hours each time. A sequel would have been a bit unnecessary, I think.

Silicon Knights made the first Legacy of Kain game, Blood Omen, a 2D top-down bug-ridden mess (at least on PS1) with some impressive-for-the-time 3D rendered cutscenes. The cutscenes were so impressive that the trailer contained nothing but footage from them, leading to huge disappointment when the actual gameplay looked like a SNES game. Still, it was the start of something great.

Any PC gamers on here who loved the Kain series will be overjoyed to know that Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance finally made it to Steam this week. They're a bit pricey at £6.99 apiece, so I've put them on my Wishlist in case they go on sale.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 13 Dec 2012, 00:54

Too Human is a master piece, it's defiantly one of the best games I've ever played. :D
Ciaran Hillock 8

Postby Grummy » 13 Dec 2012, 02:50

Ciaran Hillock wrote:Too Human is a master piece, it's defiantly one of the best games I've ever played. :D

Not sure if joking or a crap attempt at trolling.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 13 Dec 2012, 17:54

What's wrong with thinking it's a masterpiece, it's way better than most of the crap released in the last couple of years
Ciaran Hillock 8

Postby comabob » 13 Dec 2012, 21:23

Easy Grumster - not everyone thought it was terrible.

I remember level capping all but 2 classes i think - had even finished a few twice and kept a save for each playstyle (pure human or cyborg)

Even still have the savefiles on the hard drive in hopes of one day seeing what happens next. Sure the death sequence was rubbish but only as long as any other load screen in other games. The loot and combat/skill trees made up for most of its shortcomings in my opinion.

Including the lack of more than 3 maps. :oops:
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Next