to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Mass Effect 4 coming "late 2013 to mid 2015", offers "simila

Your comments on our articles.

"You'll hear more about the new Mass Effect game [next year] in 2013."

BioWare began work on the next Mass Effect game a month or two ago, and will announce more details next year, according to a representative quoted by Gamer Syndrome. The game is apparently pegged for release no earlier than "late 2014", putting its next generation status more or less beyond question.... read more

Mass Effect 4 coming "late 2013 to mid 2015", offers "simila

Postby vadersmyfather » 13 Dec 2012, 15:12

The title says "late 2013 to mid 2015" - shouldn't that read late 2014?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Re: Mass Effect 4 coming "late 2013 to mid 2015", offers "si

Postby OXM ETboy » 13 Dec 2012, 15:16

Indeed it should - apologies.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Dec 2012, 19:14

i know this is an obvious point to make but lets hope these "choices" actually lead to different conclusions
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Swordsman » 13 Dec 2012, 19:55

G4TV also had an article relating to this subject, but after following up on the lead, they found out that according to an EA spokesperson, "At no time did EA or BioWare provide any answers to questions from Gamer Syndrome. heres a link to the updated G4TV article and you should probably fix this soon: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... 5-release/

-Swordsman
Swordsman 1

Postby Decent_Jam » 13 Dec 2012, 20:47

Metalrodent wrote:i know this is an obvious point to make but lets hope these "choices" actually lead to different conclusions

It's a very difficult one to pitch now, given the trouble with ME3. Hopefully having a different studio will let them come at things from a new perspective and do a better job.

Fingers crossed they don't rush it.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Waffles2541 » 13 Dec 2012, 21:58

Is the image in this a concept for ME4?
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby Pompey78 » 13 Dec 2012, 22:48

hmmmmm, a prequel, unless it's set a long long time ago in a galaxy far away it will have a feel of, well, we know what the outcome will be.....

The Halo universe and the timeline history which i believe has something along the lines of mankind being a dominenet race and then being all but wiped out 100,000 or so years ago before making a come back with Masterchief....now the ME series could do something like that? after all we know the repears had previously wiped out everything every 50,000 years or so becuase organics and AI life would otherise destroy each other, which the reapers were doing anyway so that didn't make much sense.. ?
So going back that far or further and how the AI got so advanced as to itself become so dominante may be a good story line to develop?
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 29

Postby Bezza89 » 14 Dec 2012, 00:28

I'm just glad it's the B-Team doing it, though they have expectations galore over them. Hopefully it means the, I suppose I should add 'arguably', A-Team are creating something new - which based on biowares history something new is always good, it's sequels they aren't good at. Arguably.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Organic Carrot » 14 Dec 2012, 00:33

Although a prequel would be interesting, I don't think it would work. Although there are plenty of events to choose from such as the Rachni Wars, the Krogan Rebellions, the Geth Uprising and the First Contact War, it just will not suit the chemistry of an RPG. No doubt the character you will play as will have to be human since our own species is the one we most relate to no matter how much we refuse so that kind of rules most of the history out. The first contact war maybe a good starting point however.
You could be a human soldier who is fighting in the end of the war. Once it is over and humanity is welcomed into the galaxy, you will be forced to endure the suspicion in xenophobia of the alien races who have never seen a human before. Perhaps when you explore the galaxy you could be one of only a few humans to do so.
I don't know what the premise would be but it should have something to do with discovering a lead which will lead on to a new series of Mass Effect games with a new and powerful enemy more terrifying than the Reapers themselves. This new series could be set after the events of ME3 in which you have to fight things that even Reapers fear.
Organic Carrot 33

Postby huntification » 14 Dec 2012, 05:07

Personally i feel that me series is the best i have ever played especially me1. in making mass effect 4 revolve around similar gameplay features i'm going to compare the two and i just don't think 1 can be beaten. Also if a lot of the mechanics are the same it'd feel wrong playing as someone else. I'd like to see a different way to see the mass effect universe. Still, very early days
huntification 8

Postby Organic Carrot » 14 Dec 2012, 14:23

A friend of mine believes that ME 4 will need to return to the more traditional side of RPGs, just like ME1. He also made an interesting idea that the next one will allow you to play as any of the races in the universe and take part in a multiplayer campaign of sorts. Like ME3's multiplayer you will be able to choose your race and customize their loadouts and team up with other players on missions. Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

If this style is made I think you should not only be able to customize your weapon loadouts to an even greater extent, for example the "gunsmith" in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, but you should be able to choose which powers you wish to use and customize the armor and emblems for your character along with your melee attack. This could create a greater variety of gameplay experiences without having to release a horde of different characters all the time.
Organic Carrot 33

Postby Bezza89 » 14 Dec 2012, 14:37

Organic Carrot wrote:A friend of mine believes that ME 4 will need to return to the more traditional side of RPGs.

Can't see that happening, the multiplayer studio are doing the game, so I can see it being more about a squad based shooter type dealy, like GR Future Soldier, and with powers and stuff - but I don't see it being an RPG at all, I think they'll completely ditch it, EA, or bioware, are keen to do it based on the direction ME3 took - the rpg bits were good but not skyrim or ME1 etc. They will get away with it though because this mass effect wont be a sequel or prequel, it'll just be a new game in the universe, it will be whatever genre it wants, and that's the only thing that has me interested in it, as I got closure from ME3 and don't need more.

As I said before, it's likely we'll see the uber team create something new and special, they have a 100% track record of awesome when it comes to new games, I think it will be a true bioware rpg too, (dragon age 1, kotor style). Well, I hope.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Alaric14 » 17 Dec 2012, 22:47

At this point my interest in Mass Effect 4 is low to moderate; can we have some more details on Dragon Age(3?): Dawn of the Seeker, please?
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35