to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metro: Last Light - fighting the pull of Call of Duty

Your comments on our articles.

Courting the crowd without compromise

On paper, Metro: Last Light looks like it's sucking up to the military shooter crowd. On paper. Perhaps the most telling tweak concerns the knife, which now gets a dedicated button rather than being closeted away like a Victorian gentleman's niece on the inventory screen. The inventory now has slots for only three firearms, too, edging the action closer to the primary/secondary interplay of Activision's flagship franchise. In theory, you're slicing the life out of people with your off-hand while effortlessly quick-scoping a tricked-out pneumatic rifle. In theory.... read more

Metro: Last Light - fighting the pull of Call of Duty

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Dec 2012, 19:10

glad to say I'm still very much looking foward to this game
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Metro: Last Light - fighting the pull of Call of Duty

Postby huntification » 14 Dec 2012, 04:45

This, bioshock and gta are the games for me next year. 2033 was a bit rough around the edges but i loved it. The atmosphere was almost as effective as rapture. almost. Cant wait
huntification 8

Re: Metro: Last Light - fighting the pull of Call of Duty

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Dec 2012, 12:55

huntification wrote:2033 was a bit rough around the edges but i loved it. The atmosphere was almost as effective as rapture. almost.

I found it more atmospheric, but that might have been because I played it in Russian
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67