to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Tomorrow's world: what I want from Assassin's Creed 4

Your comments on our articles.

Alpay Dedezade talks combat, time periods and side-missions

Among other things, Assassin's Creed 4 is rumoured to be a prequel to Assassin's Creed 3, set in Brazil and a drop-in co-op game set once again in revolutionary America. In our latest bout of hard-hitting opinionating, Alpay Dedezade lists a few of his hopes for the new game.... read more

Postby BaconMeister » 16 Dec 2012, 12:49

Am I the only one who wants it set in Egypt? I mean they have Amunet from the sanctuary, a guy called El Cakr from a comic, that concept art assassin, and Darim went there at the end of Revelations. Personally I would prefer the Darim storyline. They could use pyramids as Assassin Tombs, deserts as a frontier, and the´╗┐ cities would be fantastic.
BaconMeister 1

Postby Metalratex » 16 Dec 2012, 12:52

I want a game that's not so boring as AC3.
Metalratex 23

Re: Tomorrow's world: what I want from Assassin's Creed 4

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Dec 2012, 13:42

London without a doubt is where the next assasins creed should be,imagine climbing big ben,that alone justify's the decision.I have some favourite periods of history which is why i enjoy ac3 so much,even though they had a chance to make one of the best games of all time, it was still a great game.You can't argue with me though that the time of the plague or even having a game where you could go back to different times in the past would be outstanding.The castles in england are up there with the best,and some of the battles would make a great setting.The possibility's are endless.They do need to give currency system a lot of work but the AC games are not the only ones who would benefit from that,gta springs to mind.I think with having a game made in England you could have it set around the times of columbus,which would open up even more endless possibility's,so cmon ubisoft you no it makes sense.
fracturedrich 46

Postby PaladinRonin » 16 Dec 2012, 18:19

I'm not really sure where AC 4 could go next, but I think we need more Brotherhood/Revelation style mechanics and mini-games as they were fun and had a perpose as apposed to the content in AC3. Recruiting assassins was a great addtion to the series and should be brought back.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby cade360 » 16 Dec 2012, 18:23

fracturedrich wrote:London without a doubt is where the next assasins creed should be,imagine climbing big ben,that alone justify's the decision.I have some favourite periods of history which is why i enjoy ac3 so much,even though they had a chance to make one of the best games of all time, it was still a great game.You can't argue with me though that the time of the plague or even having a game where you could go back to different times in the past would be outstanding.The castles in england are up there with the best,and some of the battles would make a great setting.The possibility's are endless.They do need to give currency system a lot of work but the AC games are not the only ones who would benefit from that,gta springs to mind.I think with having a game made in England you could have it set around the times of columbus,which would open up even more endless possibility's,so cmon ubisoft you no it makes sense.

100% agree with this :D
There is no such thing as peace in our modern world.
cade360 15

Postby hugheyb » 16 Dec 2012, 21:00

Large thumbs up for London, perhaps Victorian London? But how best to incorporate a Frontier-esque dynamic? I do love the hunting and tree climbing stuff. Scottish Highlands? Then add in Edinburgh as the second city. Or Bristol? Several moors in that part of the world to choose from...
hugheyb 10

Postby kain4489 » 16 Dec 2012, 23:40

fracturedrich wrote:London without a doubt is where the next assasins creed should be,imagine climbing big ben,that alone justify's the decision.I have some favourite periods of history which is why i enjoy ac3 so much,even though they had a chance to make one of the best games of all time, it was still a great game.You can't argue with me though that the time of the plague or even having a game where you could go back to different times in the past would be outstanding.The castles in england are up there with the best,and some of the battles would make a great setting.The possibility's are endless.They do need to give currency system a lot of work but the AC games are not the only ones who would benefit from that,gta springs to mind.I think with having a game made in England you could have it set around the times of columbus,which would open up even more endless possibility's,so cmon ubisoft you no it makes sense.

100% agree as well :D but doubt they'll do it cause its yanks company isnt it? if it is yanks dont like us, so they wont do a london lol
kain4489 3

Postby Mendes » 17 Dec 2012, 10:18

This is going to sound like complete BS, but I don't care cos I know I'm telling the truth.... I know Assassin Creeds next setting... and I can't say, sorry! I can't even say how I know... what I can say is that it has real promise if done correctly, though I think could possibly lose something that makes the series, even though it's not faultless, so interesting and special.

As an aside, I've said in previous posts, Victorian London would be great, a great atmosphere, plenty of church spires to climb, blades hidden in canes, Jack the Ripper conspiracy etc could all give a rich backdrop for this franchise.
Mendes 34

Postby Gerishnakov » 17 Dec 2012, 19:31

England. 9th century. Vikings. End of.

I think this setting makes the most sense given Ubisoft's pattern so far of jumping 300 years or thereabouts into the future. Except they can't jump another 300 years in that direction so why not turn around and head backwards from Altair's time?

There's scope for some interesting stuff to be going on in England at this time, both factual and fictional. There's the Roman legacy (most English towns and cities at this point in time are occupied, abandoned Roman settlements), the foundation of the Kingdom of York by the Vikings (scope for an antagonistic relationship between them and the Anglish Kingdom of Wessex, where London is). There's even the Arthurian legend to consider (Excalibur anyone?).

After all, now that the world's been saved from the Sun (albiet confusingly), I think the assassin's will head out into the world looking for the POEs and attempting to rebuild the order. Why not start in England?
Gerishnakov 21

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Dec 2012, 10:29

Gerishnakov wrote:England. 9th century. Vikings. End of.

I think this setting makes the most sense given Ubisoft's pattern so far of jumping 300 years or thereabouts into the future. Except they can't jump another 300 years in that direction so why not turn around and head backwards from Altair's time?

There's scope for some interesting stuff to be going on in England at this time, both factual and fictional. There's the Roman legacy (most English towns and cities at this point in time are occupied, abandoned Roman settlements), the foundation of the Kingdom of York by the Vikings (scope for an antagonistic relationship between them and the Anglish Kingdom of Wessex, where London is). There's even the Arthurian legend to consider (Excalibur anyone?).

After all, now that the world's been saved from the Sun (albiet confusingly), I think the assassin's will head out into the world looking for the POEs and attempting to rebuild the order. Why not start in England?

Cool. Not sure if it would work as most of the cities would be too small to run around in, but nice to see someone coming up with something other than the usual Internet cut and paste ideas.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 18 Dec 2012, 10:43

VIKINGZ
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 18 Dec 2012, 11:23

Metalratex wrote:I want a game that's not so boring as AC3.

I'm glad it's not just me then.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby Rista B » 18 Dec 2012, 20:00

kain4489 wrote:

100% agree as well :D but doubt they'll do it cause its yanks company isnt it? if it is yanks dont like us, so they wont do a london lol

Ubisoft is a French company, but just an FYI most of us Yanks like you all just fine. We're not sure if the reverse is true.

Also I'd love to see it set in London/UK. Was kind of disappointed that they brought it to America in the first place. I was hoping they were going to take it further afield in Europe or Asia.
Rista B 13

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Dec 2012, 10:35

Rista B wrote:Ubisoft is a French company, but just an FYI most of us Yanks like you all just fine. We're not sure if the reverse is true.

BURN THE AMERICAN!!!!!

Only joking, I've got nothing against you guys (except 90210, that was dreadful and you should all be ashamed) Welcome to the forums
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby masterchiefS117 » 21 Dec 2012, 14:58

Britain please, but save it for the next gen.

why you ask, because i would love to go across the entirety of britain, just like panau in JC2. return to connor as well, because his character showed great promise but was badly acted and had a habit of stating the obvious. if you read the animus database article on the davenport homestead, you will see that it disappeared. more intereting side missions is a must and change the full synch system to a challenge system like in hitman absolution. random events like red dead will be welcome and a new homestead, perhaps with a couple of returning characters. oh and more side missions with storys like the pegleg missions and biddle chase missions.
masterchiefS117 6

Next