to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

"Star Wars: Battlefront Online" artworks escape hands of Res

Your comments on our articles.

Slant Six rumoured to have been working on Xbox 360 MMO in 2010

Everybody likes a spot of Star Wars: Battlefront round these parts, it seems, so news that Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City developer Slant Six has, as rumoured, been working on a new instalment of Lucas-branded blasting should make for pleasant reading. News that the game was cancelled by LucasArts years ago probably won't, however.... read more

"Star Wars: Battlefront Online" artworks escape hands of Res

Postby Gazisdaman » 17 Dec 2012, 12:28

Right now it seems like anything with battlefront on it will do. However i really don't want to see battlefront become an online free to play shooter the likes of Planetside 2 as the name suggests. My favorite parts of the first two was the single player, I don't want to see that gone from the game. I just can't fathom why anyone would not make another battlefront, surely it's clear that everyone wants it.
Gazisdaman 35

Re: "Star Wars: Battlefront Online" artworks escape hands of

Postby Bezza89 » 17 Dec 2012, 15:50

There's surely enough stuff between free radicals attempt, that other developer and now even slant sixs bits of a new battlefront for another dev team to gather it all together, polish and release within two years... you could probably start from scratch if you rereleased BF2 as an HD arcade release - with dlc of the missing BF1 maps like 'Rhen Var', Bespin, err, I forget the others. Then you use the millions of pounds you just made in 1 hour of release to fund Battlefront 3 for next gen.

Or, for free, ring me up and sign me up as the new star wars game idea man, Metal Gear Force, Star Wars Solid, Star Wars of the old republic (oh hang on), Far Jedi, Grand Theft Tauntaun, Minemilleniumfalcon, XCOM Enemy is quite known it's clearly the sith and many more!
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby ItchyRash » 17 Dec 2012, 16:16

Bezza89 wrote:Grand Theft Tauntaun, XCOM Enemy is quite known

There's 2 games i'd play right there. You have my vote. Not that I hold sway with Lucas Arts. Or Disney or whoever is now in charge of Star Wars games
ItchyRash 42

Postby Droidsbane » 17 Dec 2012, 20:13

The Elder Holocrons: Courascuant, Hoth and Tatooine
Droidsbane 33

Postby Bezza89 » 17 Dec 2012, 20:26

ItchyRash wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:Grand Theft Tauntaun, XCOM Enemy is quite known

There's 2 games i'd play right there. You have my vote. Not that I hold sway with Lucas Arts. Or Disney or whoever is now in charge of Star Wars games

2 out of however many I said is better form than any of the Lucas Arts dudes had. lol at Elder Holocrons, shall we just descend into Star Wars as games then?

Tatooine Raider. Hitwookie. Darth Maul of Duty. Disney Lando (I really lol'd at that, not sure if it's the actual game name).
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby ItchyRash » 18 Dec 2012, 11:18

Dooku Nukem

With that, I shall take my leave
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Dec 2012, 12:27

ItchyRash wrote:Dooku Nukem

With that, I shall take my leave

That just sounds like the Localised Japanese release for Duke Nukem. I know a few Japanese guys and that's exactly how they pronounce it :lol:

I really want the Elder Holocron games now
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 18 Dec 2012, 12:45

CunningSmile wrote:That just sounds like the Localised Japanese release for Duke Nukem.

Dooku Nukem wracks the disapwin
ItchyRash 42

Postby Drainwater » 19 Dec 2012, 02:59

I'd consider giving disturbing parts of my anatomy to play Elder Holocron....then I'd probably wuss out when it came time for the cutting.
Drainwater 34

Postby benjedimaster » 21 Dec 2012, 17:51

Dear Disney,
Please make Battlefront III and a sequel to the Jedi Knight series and you have our undying support.
Sincerely,
The Star Wars community
benjedimaster 8