to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Christmas Xbox Live deals: Borderlands 2, Borderlands Season

Your comments on our articles.

33% off Gearbox's greatest game

Today's Countdown to 2013 Xbox Live Marketplace deals are Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, available for 50 per cent, 33 per cent and 25 per cent off respectively. If you've yet to savour the sweet aroma of freshly-shredded Bullymong, the time is ripe. Well, providing you overlook the existence of vastly cheaper boxed product.... read more

Christmas Xbox Live deals: Borderlands 2, Borderlands Season

Postby vadersmyfather » 27 Dec 2012, 16:39

Am I missing something here? Borderlands 2 has been £15/20 for some time now in the shops and as low as 98p in Morrisons.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Re: Christmas Xbox Live deals: Borderlands 2, Borderlands Se

Postby msbhvn » 27 Dec 2012, 17:46

vadersmyfather wrote:Am I missing something here? Borderlands 2 has been £15/20 for some time now in the shops and as low as 98p in Morrisons.

UK Games on Demand exists in its own little bubble, and they think we'll pay the extortionate prices rather than shop around. The publishers must be partly to blame, because Darksiders 2 is £45, and Skyrim's still £50. Most of the games that have come out on GoD recently have been £30, which isn't too bad when you consider they've started to go into sales. They need a lower price point for really old games, because £15 for a launch title that you can buy pre-owned on disc for £2.99 or less is just stupid.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby vadersmyfather » 27 Dec 2012, 18:17

msbhvn wrote:
vadersmyfather wrote:Am I missing something here? Borderlands 2 has been £15/20 for some time now in the shops and as low as 98p in Morrisons.

UK Games on Demand exists in its own little bubble, and they think we'll pay the extortionate prices rather than shop around. The publishers must be partly to blame, because Darksiders 2 is £45, and Skyrim's still £50. Most of the games that have come out on GoD recently have been £30, which isn't too bad when you consider they've started to go into sales. They need a lower price point for really old games, because £15 for a launch title that you can buy pre-owned on disc for £2.99 or less is just stupid.

Agreed. Also, it makes me slightly uncomfortable that the OXM staff are promoting these as great deals when we all know they aren't.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Dec 2012, 18:24

£35 for Borderlands 2 is taking the piss. Feel better now? :)

I didn't think to check current BL2 boxed prices when I wrote this - have added a note of caution to the intro.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 27 Dec 2012, 18:49

OXM ETboy wrote:£35 for Borderlands 2 is taking the piss.

Absolutely, I paid £32.99 on release day and got the Premiere Club DLC with it. Not only that, the price on the US XBL is $39.99, which works out at £25, so we're even being ripped off in a sale!
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby vadersmyfather » 28 Dec 2012, 11:59

OXM ETboy wrote:£35 for Borderlands 2 is taking the piss. Feel better now? :)

I didn't think to check current BL2 boxed prices when I wrote this - have added a note of caution to the intro.

Much better. Sorry, I wasn't having a go it's not your jobs to scour the market but being in the know as you guys are...
vadersmyfather 46

Postby OXM ETboy » 28 Dec 2012, 13:04

No offence taken! It was a bit shifty as originally published. I have this terrible habit of looking at GoD prices in isolation...
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff