to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

First Walking Dead gameplay footage is oddly lethargic

Your comments on our articles.

Rudimentary stealth and distraction tactics shown

The first gameplay video of Activision and Terminal Reality's new FPS The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has surfaced, revealing just a few of the many fascinating ways you can dupe/molest people with rotten brains. Have a look, and let us know what you think.... read more

First Walking Dead gameplay footage is oddly lethargic

Postby BIGBUTTER » 02 Jan 2013, 11:20

Wow this looks like Crap. Plastic Heads, Crappy Visuals. I sure hope they clean this up.
BIGBUTTER 22

Re: First Walking Dead gameplay footage is oddly lethargic

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Jan 2013, 11:38

I'll stick to playing the XBLA game. Got it in the Christmas sale for £6 and so far I would have happily paid full retail price.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 02 Jan 2013, 13:01

hmmmm, i didnt think they were still making games for the original xbox... my mistake.
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby Windowlicker79 » 02 Jan 2013, 13:54

It really does look a bit rubbish. There's no small detail in anything. I thought the streets of a zombie town would be a bit muckier than that, but it looks like the zombies have been keeping things clean and tidy. It really should be a lot dirtier. The Lego hair on the zombies also looks terrible.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby Jabraham » 02 Jan 2013, 16:45

I was really looking forward to this but the gameplay just looks really boring
Jabraham 35

Postby Sam1234 » 04 Jan 2013, 01:41

really this is the first thing we've seen about this game of coures its going to look blocky or maybe crapy in opinion it looks better then zombiU, love the survival aspect in games like this, wonder what the story line will be like if it has one
Sam1234 1

Postby Windowlicker79 » 04 Jan 2013, 03:25

Sam1234 wrote:really this is the first thing we've seen about this game of coures its going to look blocky or maybe crapy in opinion it looks better then zombiU, love the survival aspect in games like this, wonder what the story line will be like if it has one

If this is so far from being finished that they haven't added hi-res textures, particle effects, lighting effects, full character models etc then it should have never been made public. It looks terrible and I've got a bad feeling it won't be getting any better.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54