to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft signs up inventors of unified household control te

Your comments on our articles.

Next Xbox to let you control entire household with a PDA?

Microsoft appears to have a secured a key victory in the war for the living room, snatching home entertainment technology company id8 Group R2 Studios from the hands of Apple and Google to "beef up" the Xbox division. That's according to The Wall Street Journal, via The Verge.... read more

Microsoft signs up inventors of unified household control te

Postby Decent_Jam » 04 Jan 2013, 11:54

If MS really want the Xbox to be a media hub then these sorts of things are a great addition to their arsenal. Streaming is massive at the moment, pair that with an expanded version of Smart Glass (or just its full potential) and that's something which is hard to compete with. They just need to make sure the new Xbox comfortably fits in with the 'look' of a modern living room, which I suspect may mean it looks quite boring from our perspective as gamers (sweeping statement alert).

I've always wanted to house my music collection on my Xbox but the complexities of pairing with Windows Media Centre have defeated me every time I've tried.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58