to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Devil May Cry will teach casuals the "magic" of pro gami

Your comments on our articles.

But AI will punish button-spamming

Capcom and Ninja Theory feel DmC: Devil May Cry will sate the brutality lust of series fans, while teaching newcomers a few of the high level techniques otherwise confined to certain terrifying Youtube videos.... read more

New Devil May Cry will teach casuals the "magic" of pro gami

Postby fracturedrich » 04 Jan 2013, 15:03

I have never liked dmc, i dont no why but it just was not for me,after playing the demo of the latest has got me interested.The fact that the difficulty goes up depending on how good you are is a great idea and i hope is the future for all games.I would be very happy if they done away with skill settings or added a mode where the difficulty level moved with the skill of the player if this is used well it could be a step in the right direction.I really enjoyed the demo and its been awhile since i said that so ime waiting on your review.
fracturedrich 46

Re: New Devil May Cry will teach casuals the "magic" of pro

Postby Decent_Jam » 04 Jan 2013, 15:13

I also really enjoyed the demo, and this has made this my next purchase unless something comes along to really put me off. I think being gradually introduced to moves and combos will make things easier, since a demo is always a snapshot. I have high hopes for this game, though I share a few fellow forumite's concerns about the excessive number of "F You!"s in the boss fight from the demo, though as a one off it's hardly a game-breaker.

The key to keeping my attention with a game like this is the pacing. Once I get into something, I'm there (Mass Effect 2 and 3 were done largely over the few days after each of their release.), but I'm still struggling to finish BioShock because I only play it in bits and pieces.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Re: New Devil May Cry will teach casuals the "magic" of pro

Postby David Loya » 04 Jan 2013, 17:58

"But AI will punish button-spamming"
i think they never see the video with that guy playing the game with one hand just mashing attack.
David Loya 2