to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

GAME to host monthly gaming lock-ins with upcoming EA titles

Your comments on our articles.

Dead Space 3 leads charge this weekend

Do you live near Westfield Stratford? Because the day after tomorrow, you could be playing Dead Space 3 while dining on the very finest foodstuffs and beverages at EA's expense. The publisher has partnered with GAME to offer swanky gamer lock-ins at selected stores around the UK, allowing lucky applicants pre-release access to the latest games.... read more

GAME to host monthly gaming lock-ins with upcoming EA titles

Postby Kezamundo » 04 Jan 2013, 17:28

Why must this be around my exam period?
Sigh...
Kezamundo 2

Re: GAME to host monthly gaming lock-ins with upcoming EA ti

Postby ipsofacto » 04 Jan 2013, 18:12

Kezamundo wrote:Why must this be around my exam period?
Sigh...

It's in my city as well, I so want to go... ahhhh
ipsofacto 42

Postby SkinnerChinner » 04 Jan 2013, 22:23

Unless "lock-in" is preceded by the word "pub" - I'm not interested :mrgreen:

That and I value a decent nights sleep - between working, a part-time engineering degree & having a little boy (1 year, 9 months) I need every one I can get!
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby Baryonyx » 06 Jan 2013, 02:39

As much as I am looking forward to Dead Space 3, I'll not be going to the Newcastle lock in. I'll get it when it comes out and have my own 'lock in' with a few beers and a the game unspoiled by playing it in a store with 100 other people.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 36

Postby lazercut123 » 06 Jan 2013, 11:35

SkinnerChinner wrote:Unless "lock-in" is preceded by the word "pub" - I'm not interested :mrgreen:

That and I value a decent nights sleep - between working, a part-time engineering degree & having a little boy (1 year, 9 months) I need every one I can get!

No offence, but why are you telling us your kids exact age?
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 06 Jan 2013, 13:23

lazercut123 wrote:
SkinnerChinner wrote:Unless "lock-in" is preceded by the word "pub" - I'm not interested :mrgreen:

No offence, but why are you telling us your kids exact age?

because being a parent to an infant is hard work... Fair play to you Skinner, least your not a bum claiming benefits like half of the country, and making something of yourself....
...sorry a bit of a political rant there :lol:
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby ruben richardson » 06 Jan 2013, 14:15

because being a parent to an infant is hard work... Fair play to you Skinner, least your not a bum claiming benefits like half of the country, and making something of yourself....

That's not a political rant. A political rant would imply you had some knowledge about the subject you were talking about "Half the country" may have been a hyperbole, however throwing statements around like this is dangerous when we have people on the poverty line and unable to get what they need. FYI it's more like 3% who claim benefit.
ruben richardson 6

Postby msbhvn » 06 Jan 2013, 19:50

ruben richardson wrote:

That's not a political rant. A political rant would imply you had some knowledge about the subject you were talking about "Half the country" may have been a hyperbole, however throwing statements around like this is dangerous when we have people on the poverty line and unable to get what they need. FYI it's more like 3% who claim benefit.

Don't bother trying to explain. He's swallowed all the Tory/Murdoch bulls*** statistics like most people. They've deliberately set low paid workers against people on benefits so they won't demand better wages. If it weren't so f***ing evil, I'd be impressed.

Having to live on any kind of benefit is a nightmare, you live under constant threat of having it taken away for no good reason, you have no financial security, and now you're labelled a "bum" or a scrounger by idiots who believe everything they read in the Sun or Mail.

Thank God we've only got a couple more years before the Tories get kicked out and the LibDems can't get a seat on an empty bus.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 06 Jan 2013, 20:07

I'll second that Mbs, having to live with any kind of benefit can be horrible, and incredibly depressing in my case and many others, whilst there are some who would sponge these are a minority, and we shouldn't tar anyone with the same brush. I'm thankful to be off now with a half-decent job, but come on, don't make comments like that it's quite ignorant.

I'm not angry, just disappointed in you :wink:.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 07 Jan 2013, 20:19

Bezza89 wrote:I'll second that Mbs, having to live with any kind of benefit can be horrible, and incredibly depressing in my case and many others, whilst there are some who would sponge these are a minority, and we shouldn't tar anyone with the same brush. I'm thankful to be off now with a half-decent job, but come on, don't make comments like that it's quite ignorant.

to all the comments above, your right, and im sorry for my outburst, totally the wrong place to say it and not needed, so my appologies to those who i offended. :?
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby Bezza89 » 07 Jan 2013, 20:42

No worries man, we all say things without thinking now and again, thank you for the decency to apologise, it's not as if you were 100% wrong, you were just generalising that's all.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 07 Jan 2013, 21:57

Bezza89 wrote:No worries man, we all say things without thinking now and again, thank you for the decency to apologise, it's not as if you were 100% wrong, you were just generalising that's all.

Thanks Bezza.
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby SkinnerChinner » 07 Jan 2013, 22:26

lazercut123 wrote: No offence, but why are you telling us your kids exact age?

Well...21 months probably would have sounded less strange, but because that's how old he is? Do you go round telling people you're a year older 3 months before your birthday? That and looking after a child of that age can be pretty 'demanding' (and equally rewarding)

Back to the topic of conversation; my point was this kind of PR/marketing stunt is lost on me - mainly due to my other commitments, and I can wait a few months until release. Isn't there a public demo scheduled some time soon? With limited early access requests?

As for Bezza & Bubble's comments, I was fortunate enough to have started my job/degree shortly before he was born - very fortunate infact, could have been another of those generalisations.
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby msbhvn » 07 Jan 2013, 23:08

Bubblebeard JS wrote:to all the comments above, your right, and im sorry for my outburst, totally the wrong place to say it and not needed, so my appologies to those who i offended. :?

Apology accepted, I've been guilty of huge sweeping generalisations in the past, so no harm done. Maybe read a little more Guardian and a bit less Murdoch, life's all about balance after all? :wink:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby ruben richardson » 08 Jan 2013, 02:21

Bubblebeard JS wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:I'll second that Mbs, having to live with any kind of benefit can be horrible, and incredibly depressing in my case and many others, whilst there are some who would sponge these are a minority, and we shouldn't tar anyone with the same brush. I'm thankful to be off now with a half-decent job, but come on, don't make comments like that it's quite ignorant.

to all the comments above, your right, and im sorry for my outburst, totally the wrong place to say it and not needed, so my appologies to those who i offended. :?

You didn't offend me, just sort of worried me. Feel free to think what you want I'm not going to try and change your views, if you think too many people claim benfits, then think that! It's your freedom of thought! However, we are at, in my opinion, a worrying time for the poor and to dismiss them all as benefit scroungers is not cool
ruben richardson 6

Next