to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Dead Space 3 trailer shows off co-op Kinect controls

Your comments on our articles.

It won't even let you order a sandwich

I'm starting to warm up to Dead Space 3, after a long spell in cryogenic apathy, but EA's latest trailer has done a fine job of cooling my ardour. It showcases the game's exhilarating Kinect features, which can actually - wait for it - be enjoyed in local co-op.... read more

New Dead Space 3 trailer shows off co-op Kinect controls

Postby vadersmyfather » 07 Jan 2013, 17:30

Hello Wladimir Klitschko
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Re: New Dead Space 3 trailer shows off co-op Kinect controls

Postby STE MO » 07 Jan 2013, 18:26

I got distracted when the guy mention my dust collector under my tv, I didn't know you could use it to play games, just thought that it saved polishing part of my TV unit. Who knew :lol:
STE MO 50

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 07 Jan 2013, 19:08

So let me get this straight; you can repeatedly say certain things to Kinect, in the vain hope that it might actually recognise what you're saying and eventually do what you want, instead of turning to the person sat on the settee next to you, and asking them to do it instead?

Great! Sold to nutter in the asylum, blowing his nose on his roommates pet rabbit!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Waffles2541 » 07 Jan 2013, 19:13

One thing that they failed to address is when an asshole friend walks in and screams a random voice command, completely screwing up your game. Basically Kinetic has become a glorified microphone now, as most games that come out for it are for casual gamers or a generally crap. Those big titles seem to use it as a way for you to shout voice commands, just like Mass Effect 3, or for a cool promotional gimmick that has nothing to do with the gameplay, i.e. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jan 2013, 11:23

AllusiveTurtle wrote:Great! Sold to nutter in the asylum, blowing his nose on his roommates pet rabbit!

My new favorite phrase :lol:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator