to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Minecraft Xbox 360 update: what to expect in title update 8

Your comments on our articles.

4J sheds light on forthcoming technical fixes

The 4J Studios Twitter feed has kicked back into life for the New Year, carrying more details of the promised bug fix for Minecraft Xbox 360 update 7, otherwise known as update 8.... read more

Minecraft Xbox 360 update: what to expect in title update 8

Postby Waffles2541 » 08 Jan 2013, 13:30

I am really loving the new additions to minecraft in the last update. I see they already had end stone in the creative menu, so i was kind of expecting it to be in the previous update. No worries though.

My only problems are that 1) Nether fortress NEVER spawn in my worlds, 2) they seem to have capped how many snow golems you can make. My evil army of vicious man eating snow monsters will never be complete with this cap. Damn you Mojang!!! You have damaged my plans for total world domination.

Also, please say that they are going to stop it where if you try to breed two of the same species together, they will continue to jump all over each other without producing results like a bunch of inexperienced teenagers.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Re: Minecraft Xbox 360 update: what to expect in title updat

Postby Forbisk » 08 Jan 2013, 13:38

Not very good, Because you said before that The End was coming in Update 8, Making people excited for it and then you don't even deliver, Sort yourselves out. :|
Forbisk 4

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Jan 2013, 13:44

They said that The End would come in the next update before they realised they'd have to release a bug fix first. Perfectly excusable, by my lights. Also: how many other teams on console make so much available for free?
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Clanger67 » 08 Jan 2013, 13:48

Damn right any other dev./publisher would have charged about 3000 MSP for all the free stuff we have received so far.Plus who wants the end yet anyway ??? i know i don't.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby PonderingWalrus » 08 Jan 2013, 22:47

Forbisk wrote:Not very good, Because you said before that The End was coming in Update 8, Making people excited for it and then you don't even deliver, Sort yourselves out. :|

No.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jan 2013, 23:51

Clanger67 wrote:Damn right any other dev./publisher would have charged about 3000 MSP for all the free stuff we have received so far.Plus who wants the end yet anyway ??? i know i don't.

pretty sure its cause Microsoft gave them free updates, whereas as most other devs have to pay for updates, hence Mojang can release as much as they like
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Clanger67 » 09 Jan 2013, 00:35

Metalrodent wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:Damn right any other dev./publisher would have charged about 3000 MSP for all the free stuff we have received so far.Plus who wants the end yet anyway ??? i know i don't.

pretty sure its cause Microsoft gave them free updates, whereas as most other devs have to pay for updates, hence Mojang can release as much as they like

Yeah i appreciate that but before it came out they were talking that some updates / content you would have to pay for.Despite the fact that the pc get all free updates that isn't always the case on live.And i was just agreeing with Ed's comment to the troll who doesn't seem to appreciate stuff that is free.Which on live isn't usually a lot.
Clanger67 60

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Jan 2013, 23:31

Well found a bit of info browsing Minecraft Wiki that suggests we may get infinite worlds and Nether eventually.Hope it isn't BS,personally i thought they would struggle to do it with the 360.
Clanger67 60

Postby halosniper117 » 11 Jan 2013, 01:23

Personaly i can not wait untell i can make an adventure map with monster spwaning eggs, a horde of zombies will make anyone think twice about turning back. :twisted:
halosniper117 1

Postby devondude » 17 Jan 2013, 22:14

I would love to know when they are going to add the ability to place stairs upside down, and with half slabs to be put on the top or bottom half of a full block. -_-
devondude 1

mincraft

Postby xXK1LLEReliteXx » 18 Jan 2013, 20:51

that stinks that u have to wait till update 9 tu spwn
xXK1LLEReliteXx 2

Postby Strkefear » 25 Jan 2013, 21:06

Wow so we have to wait AGAIN for Ocelots, Jungles, Iron Golems, and Sieges... Looks like I wont be playing minecraft for another month or two. I dont care about your squabble about how hard it is, when you promise something you deliver, end of story. Minecraft is wonderful but it appears Mojang has bitten off more than they can chew... Staff more? You get free updates... hottest selling xbla game. No reason the update process must be so appalling. Perhaps Ill just buy Xenospace off XBLA since its the same exact thing with far less headaches and the same amount of updates... Havent had to worry about bug fixes through the last two which were also free... Ill load Minecrap up again when Mojang spends time working instead of tweeting about working. Gotta do right by the fans... Mojang is not. (Hey, do your job)
Strkefear 4

Postby OXM ETboy » 26 Jan 2013, 13:00

Good god, there are some selfish, blinkered comments in this thread.

appalling

Appalling is when a US plane drops a bomb on an Afghan wedding party by accident, or when the Pope says condoms would make the African AIDS crisis worse. As opposed to, say, you having to wait another couple of months for a free update to a game.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Mr PaniK x » 28 Jan 2013, 23:54

I love minecraft ATM it's all I play but in the next update there needs to be upside down stairs and the ability on creative to have mob spawners also massive jungle biomes please do this in the update!!!!
Mr PaniK x 1

Postby Mr PaniK x » 28 Jan 2013, 23:55

I love minecraft ATM it's all I play but in the next update there needs to be upside down stairs and the ability on creative to have mob spawners also massive jungle biomes please do this in the update!!!!
Mr PaniK x 1

Next