to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC - Battle Hardened map and character p

Your comments on our articles.

800 MP gets you three characters, three maps

View halloo! Ubisoft has released another Assassin's Creed 3 DLC pack, The Battle Hardened, on Xbox Live Marketplace. It's 800 MP, and among other things, does not allow you to play as Christopher Lambert. The "Highlander" in question is, in fact, a generic highlander of mortal stock. Also: "the fearsome Coyote Man"!... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC - Battle Hardened map and character p

Postby Waffles2541 » 08 Jan 2013, 18:09

Meh, not really tempted. I'm more interested in The Tyranny of King Washington, whenever that comes out. Otherwise I shall stand my ground and not be lured back.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 DLC - Battle Hardened map and charact

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jan 2013, 18:15

More DLC for the MP no one is playing on the franchise edition everyone was disappointed by...I can see this selling huge numbers!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 08 Jan 2013, 20:14

I stupidly ordered the season pass for AC3 before getting into it. I've now completed around 20% and got bored. Not played in months and will have all the DLC to date waiting to download. Learned my lesson for next time.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby PaladinRonin » 08 Jan 2013, 22:20

Looks interesting, but I'm still waiting for the generic British Redcoat and American Colonist malitia to play as.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 08 Jan 2013, 23:28

CunningSmile wrote:More DLC for the MP no one is playing on the franchise edition everyone was disappointed by...I can see this selling huge numbers!

Pretty much sums it up. I just can't see the appeal of the multiplayer at all.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby PaladinRonin » 09 Jan 2013, 13:39

Wadium_Arcadium wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:More DLC for the MP no one is playing on the franchise edition everyone was disappointed by...I can see this selling huge numbers!

Pretty much sums it up. I just can't see the appeal of the multiplayer at all.

I think the Assassin's Creed multiplayer, [as the series in general] has been well made. Are you just objecting to IIIs or the whole lot?
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jan 2013, 13:56

I quite liked the MP on AC:B, didn't try Revs as I was still happy with the older one but the few times I tried AC3 it was dead and I never found a game.

And the whole game being a big disappointment meant I traded it quickly.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby PaladinRonin » 09 Jan 2013, 14:21

CunningSmile wrote:I quite liked the MP on AC:B, didn't try Revs as I was still happy with the older one but the few times I tried AC3 it was dead and I never found a game.

And the whole game being a big disappointment meant I traded it quickly.

I liked Rev's updated multiplayer mechanics, such as Honourable Death, which I though was a great addtion.
If you don't know what that is, back in Brotherhood's multiplayer, an Assassnation would always take priority over Stun, but in Rev, if you Stun at the same time your Assassinated, you got Honourbale Death [for 100 points I believe] and you reduced your killers score and stopped them from running or preforming actions for a few seconds. You were still killed, however. Oh and you got a cool fight-back animation. :3
PaladinRonin 31

Postby FishyGinger » 09 Jan 2013, 15:16

I liked brotherhoods and then revelations, I didn't really get into the mp in 3 though. I played it once and it had to be on deathmatch and it changed to a degree that I didn't like it so didn't bother. I enjoyed the single player though.

It's unlikely that many will buy it but it couldn't have taken much effort to make and if someone wants it fair enough.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66