to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fallout 3's "ThreeDog" teases Fallout 4 announcement

Your comments on our articles.

"There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!"

Fallout 4 may be about to happen, everybody. Voiceover artist and "modestly priced hooker" Erik Todd Dellums - better known as Fallout 3's radio host "ThreeDog" - has hinted that a Bethesda announcement is on the way.... read more

Fallout 3's "ThreeDog" teases Fallout 4 announcement

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 09 Jan 2013, 11:36

Cannot wait for the next Fallout game - here's hoping it arrives very soon, with the type of graphics and gameplay that the game utilises, there is no need for this to be on the next console, our 360's can cope with this no problem. Hopefully it will be released in time for the summer as it's a game long enough to see us through the inevitable summer games drought!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Fallout 3's

Postby Bezza89 » 09 Jan 2013, 11:54

I think this is about the right time, for november release, I can't remember, we were all trying to calculate a logical release for FO4 through looking at ESIV to skyrim, think it was basically a 30 month gap, anyway, point it, I reckon there will be some fallout 4 news rather than a film.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jan 2013, 11:57

My money is on a Gertrude launch title the same way Oblivion was for the 360. I hope it's not because I want more Fallout now, but it's not much hope.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Clanger67 » 09 Jan 2013, 11:58

Oh my god fantastic this can't come soon enough for me.Brilliant,brilliant,brilliant. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby Bezza89 » 09 Jan 2013, 12:21

CunningSmile wrote:My money is on a Gertrude launch title the same way Oblivion was for the 360. I hope it's not because I want more Fallout now, but it's not much hope.

Oblivion wasn't a launch title it came out in may or april or something way after launch. I hope it's out asap, it'll be out on 360 either way, as the engine of skyrim works fine and I'd expect they'd use that, just put it to max settings for any next gen if they exist.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jan 2013, 12:35

Bezza89 wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:My money is on a Gertrude launch title the same way Oblivion was for the 360. I hope it's not because I want more Fallout now, but it's not much hope.

Oblivion wasn't a launch title it came out in may or april or something way after launch. I hope it's out asap, it'll be out on 360 either way, as the engine of skyrim works fine and I'd expect they'd use that, just put it to max settings for any next gen if they exist.

I remember reading somewhere it was supposed to be a launch title, and made the date on PC, but the port got held up. Either way MS always count it as a launch, despite coming 6 months later.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby scotty » 09 Jan 2013, 13:05

Ahh please make this current gen. I miss Fallout!
scotty 49

Postby vadersmyfather » 09 Jan 2013, 13:27

CunningSmile wrote:I remember reading somewhere it was supposed to be a launch title, and made the date on PC, but the port got held up. Either way MS always count it as a launch, despite coming 6 months later.

The official release date was 22nd November 2005 for both PC & Xbox 360 (to tie in with launch) but there were developmental delays and both versions were released on 21st March 2006.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby PaladinRonin » 09 Jan 2013, 13:36

Now I need to get my butt in gear and comeplete New Vegas and the last of the add-ons for Fallout 3.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby Plamsa wing » 09 Jan 2013, 13:43

Fallout and Three Dog? Well colour me bloody excited. Love a bit of Fallout, wonder if it's going to be next gen.

It could be that it's not a game though either, maybe a movie or web/tele show. Either way more Fallout is good thing. :D
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Clanger67 » 09 Jan 2013, 13:53

Please,please,please let it be the game.If Fallout 4 did come out this year and with GTA V that would keep me happy well into next gen. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jan 2013, 13:54

vadersmyfather wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:I remember reading somewhere it was supposed to be a launch title, and made the date on PC, but the port got held up. Either way MS always count it as a launch, despite coming 6 months later.

The official release date was 22nd November 2005 for both PC & Xbox 360 (to tie in with launch) but there were developmental delays and both versions were released on 21st March 2006.

Cool, so I wasn't completely crazy then. Cheers
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 09 Jan 2013, 14:52

CunningSmile wrote:

Cool, so I wasn't completely crazy then. Cheers[/quote]

You're some sort of half mad half insane person. Not crazy though.

I'd prefer it this gen as then I wouldn't need to get a gertrude, fallout 3 is one of the few games that gets me hot and bothered.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby SkinnerChinner » 09 Jan 2013, 15:35

Fingers crossed for a new Fallout this gen :mrgreen:
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby Grummy » 09 Jan 2013, 17:01

If it's a game, chances of it being this gen? Slim. Chances of it being this year? Slim. Most likely scenario? Around March next year like Oblivion was (fyi, the March release for Oblivion was still considered to be in the "launch window") or it will be announced towards the end of the year and released about a year later (December announcement for Skyrim, following November release).

No chance of it being a summer release, it's way too early, and big games don't release in the summer. Also, don'tg et your hopes up for a current gen release, a big game like that, with DLC future to consider is not going to release on a platform which is this close to the end of its cycle. It would be business disaster.

I also can't see it being a launch day title as it's going to be multiplatform, and I don't think Bethesda want to piss off either PS or Xbox fans by releasing on one and not the other. It'll more likely wait until both new consoles are released and have had a few months to get installed into homes before they release the game.

I'm calling a late 2014 release. It would certainly fit the release pattern for Bethesda games anyway.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Next