to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skyrim DLC Redguard predictions: Dragonstar, Hammerfell and

Your comments on our articles.

Ed ponders the possibilities for Bethesda's next expansion

If all the fuss about Conjuration in Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC pack left you cold, it may please you to hear that the next expansion could take place in Hammerfell, presently the home of the proud, warlike Redguards. Though reportedly skilled in the use of Destruction magic, the latter aren't big fans of wizards in general - they regard any combat art that doesn't deal out punishment directly as dangerously effete.... read more

Skyrim DLC Redguard predictions: Dragonstar, Hammerfell and

Postby EdDeRs1 » 10 Jan 2013, 18:19

my prediction is that you help the war effort in Hammerfall and then move on to the Summerset Isle to deal with those pesky elves
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Re: Skyrim DLC Redguard predictions: Dragonstar, Hammerfell

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Jan 2013, 18:24

Great stuff,if it is the case,given my character is a Redguard Knight,expert in two handed blades,as always.Got to get on with Dragonborn but been waiting for the patch amongst other things.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby ChillieBonBon » 10 Jan 2013, 18:58

I still havn't completed Dragonborn yet due to a lenghtly Christmas getaway and the introduction of halo 4 and xcom but so far iv'e loved every minute of it. :D

Not including when I was killed by a floating blob creature (which oddly resembled something from Mass Effect)
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby Clanger67 » 10 Jan 2013, 19:14

Yeah i thought Dragonborn would be pretty good.Anybody know when the patch is out ?,as i can't seem to find the article where Ed mentioned hanging about for the patch if you had probs. with Skyrim,bugs wise.
Clanger67 60

Postby Clanger67 » 14 Jan 2013, 00:00

Wow !!,Dragonborn is bloody brilliant.To say the first hour is action packed is an understatement,with all the quests you get.So much put me in the mind of playing Morrowind back in the day i had goosebumps.What with Netch's,Dwemer ruins,the Telvanni archticture,sand storms.Also another Daedric realm,more shouts,conversations instead of all the text,ash storms,all on the Skyrim engine.If you have Skyrim and you haven't got it yet BUY IT NOW !!!!. :D
Clanger67 60

Postby randomking123 » 14 Jan 2013, 20:43

Well it will not be in hammerfell, it is too big to just stick it in as a dlc, the dlc will probably involve redguards but saying a possible 2nd country in one game isn't right.
randomking123 1

Postby ChillieBonBon » 14 Jan 2013, 21:01

randomking123 wrote:Well it will not be in hammerfell, it is too big to just stick it in as a dlc, the dlc will probably involve redguards but saying a possible 2nd country in one game isn't right.

It won't include the whole of hammerfell and will do what the Dragonborn dlc has done, which is to be set on an island (or another limited area of hammerfell.
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby ChocoROID » 21 Jan 2013, 15:31

My prediction is that it will be set in Dragonstar and Dragon gate. (Note the Location on the north east of the Hammerfell map.)
And that the DLC will stretch as far as the surrounding mountains. Maybe even as far south as the Fang Liar, Giving you a teasing look at the rest of the province.
This is reinforced by the fact that on Skyrims in game map, this area above the north of Hammerfell is suddenly viewable, Shrouded in cloud at the moment I'll admit but you couldn't view that far south east on the Skyrim map a few updates ago...
This is my signature. Isn't it pretty?
ChocoROID 27

Postby Sam Lewis » 28 Jan 2013, 01:58

(spoilers)

I have this strange feeling it will some how involve one of the daedric princes as all the other major DLC's have ie: Dawnguard - Molag Bal and Dragonborn Hermaeus Mora. Would make sense to keep up the pattern. I'm honestly hoping that Jyggalag will make his appearance in either this or a following DLC as he did not in the full game despite a Sheogorath being back reaffirming what happened in the Shivering Isles as canon
Sam Lewis 1

Postby tezzaman » 01 Apr 2013, 22:18

they cant call the next dlc redguard as that has been done already and the next dlc more then likely be a huge province but a smaller area as a console might not be able to handle it.
but it would be good if you could help the war effort against the dominion. or even somthing to do with the snow elf's
tezzaman 1