to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

More Fallout 4 rumours - Skyrim-style levelling, new "race",

Your comments on our articles.

UPDATE: "I have no proof because this was all a lie."

More claims about the unannounced, recently teased Fallout 4 have dribbled from Reddit's bottomless maw. Drawing on a PR source, user GNR_Informant has reiterated rumours that the game is set in and around post-apocalyptic Boston, and alleges that it will adopt certain RPG mechanics from Skyrim.... read more

More Fallout 4 rumours - Skyrim-style levelling, new "race",

Postby Gazisdaman » 11 Jan 2013, 18:40

Sound good, given that this would be my first purchase from the fall out series I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about but making that transition straight from post apocalyptic wasteland to cyberpunk megacity seems a bit odd. Can anyone elaborate further? Is there some part of the backstory that makes this make sense?
Gazisdaman 35

Re: More Fallout 4 rumours - Skyrim-style levelling, new "ra

Postby Plamsa wing » 11 Jan 2013, 18:51

I see the rumour mill is at it again.

Cyberpunk like city in Fallout? Is this some sort of sick twisted mod? If that's actually true I hope it stays in theme with Fallout's 1940's/50's/60's vision of the future.

I didn't think the Brotherhood of Steel were that bad in Fallout 3, I'm sure most people forget about the Outcasts who were infact more like the real Brotherhood. While they should have just reversed them, it's not actually that bad for someone in the BoS to want to protect others.

Not too fussed about the Super Mutants, I've had my fill of them for now, plus they were more just cannon fodder in Fallout 3. Although we did get Fawkes.

Hopefully whatever the case it'll still have Deathclaws, Fallout wouldn't be the same without them.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby EdDeRs1 » 11 Jan 2013, 18:58

i feel a bit disappointed that there may be no Brotherhood of Steel, and what inconsistencies in the lore?
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Plamsa wing » 11 Jan 2013, 19:09

Well they recruited people from the wastes or outsiders and insteadof hoarding technology to "protect people from themselves", they used it to help people.

Now that I think about it, that's more like the Followers of the Apocalypse.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Matlocktastic » 11 Jan 2013, 20:44

It'd be really interesting if the introduced a "class" function. Play as different races like Ghouls, Vault Dweller, Wastelander, Super Mutants, Cyborg, each with their own pros and cons of being that race.
Matlocktastic 1

Postby Droidsbane » 11 Jan 2013, 21:05

many itll be what cyber punk woyuld be like from a 1950s perpective... RetroPunk?
Droidsbane 33

Postby Bezza89 » 11 Jan 2013, 22:45

I'd love Fallout to branch a bit more from skyrim compared with FO3 and Oblivion, however, I'd also not like that, because skyrims awesome. It's a catch 22, maybe.

I think you're all with me when I say 'Take my money as soon as you are willing'.

Also Gaz, how can you claim to be 'daman' when you haven't made a puchase from the fallout series, give 3 a go grasshopper, and try to resist buying New Vegas after doing so.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Drainwater » 12 Jan 2013, 03:40

Actually I rather liked both FO3 and New Vegas. And whatever they decide for 4, I'm sure I'll like that too.
Drainwater 34

Postby Dajazzman » 12 Jan 2013, 13:22

Personally can't wait for Fallout 4. Still got my Special Edition BoS figure sitting by the TV from FO3, and just about to delve back into Morrowind! Skyrim Oblivion, New Vegas and incoming Elder Scrolls Online....apparently there is something called "a life" beyond the front door. Can this be true? Bethesda fanboy, what can I say?
Dajazzman 11

Postby kevicus12 » 12 Jan 2013, 14:03

Dajazzman wrote:...apparently there is something called "a life" beyond the front door. Can this be true?

It's overrated...
kevicus12 22

Postby Gazisdaman » 12 Jan 2013, 14:16

Bezza89 wrote:Also Gaz, how can you claim to be 'daman' when you haven't made a puchase from the fallout series, give 3 a go grasshopper, and try to resist buying New Vegas after doing so.

I've never made a purchase but I've still played the fallout games. I have played 3 extensivley and new vegas a bit, although I didn't enjoy it enough to buy it myself
Gazisdaman 35