to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

DmC: Devil May Cry

Your comments on our articles.

Ninja Theory mixes up a legend, to make something familiar and new

DmC is set in a world not unlike our own. Well, that's the satirical idea, anyway. The President is controlled by a demon who runs the banks. The population enslave themselves with soft drinks milked from a millennia-old Succubus. The media is run by a monstrous news anchor who claims to be doing God's work. And still, the debt-crippled humans dance - in clubs owned by more demons, obviously. The cultural commentary couldn't be more heavy-handed if the words "OBEY" and "CONSUME" appeared on the walls. Which is great, because they do.... read more

DmC: Devil May Cry

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 14 Jan 2013, 12:41

Awesome, Was really hoping this would get good reviews for 2 reasons, the first being that I love Devil May Cry and DMC4 is still one of my favorite Xbox games so Im excited to play this. And also with Capcom letting a completely new team with relatively decent success under their belts take a shot at one of the big games Im hoping they see sense and let another team have a go at the next Resident Evil. As RE6 was utter crap
Johnbhoy69 51

Re: DmC: Devil May Cry

Postby RedBelmont » 14 Jan 2013, 13:19

Agreed sir, they couldn't make a worse game than Resi 6 so why not hand it out to someone else. Think I'll be trading in my copy of Hitman for this tomorrow.

The only thing that concerns me is as they mentioned the lack of an override button with regards to dodging. They had it in Bayonetta and DMC 4 I'm sure, so that you could start a combo notice something dangerous coming your way and have time to dodge it. That and the triggers for angelic and demonic weapons aren't very responsive going by the demo.
The Danger Zone
RedBelmont 31

Postby NicoThaDon » 14 Jan 2013, 15:10

Have just finished the campaign for this today. Really enjoyed it, camera angle sometimes gets annoying due to no lock on but that was really my only gripe. Having enjoyed all the previous games this was a fresh and successful new take on DMC, a good entry in a brilliant series.
NicoThaDon 8

Postby fracturedrich » 15 Jan 2013, 14:40

What a way to kick off 2013,this game is a kick ass ride from start to finish.Ive just finished fighting the hunter on son of sparda and he was not the breeze he was on earlier difficulty,To make things even better ive heard there giving free dlc away on 25th jan ,a 100 wave badboy with five bosses.This all in all was a great game and ime glad i bought it.
fracturedrich 45

Postby ChocoROID » 21 Jan 2013, 21:16

Cannot wait to play it, Hope the Achievements aren't as impossible as 4, I'm quite the slave to that gamerscore!
This is my signature. Isn't it pretty?
ChocoROID 27

Postby fracturedrich » 22 Jan 2013, 14:13

ChocoROID wrote:Cannot wait to play it, Hope the Achievements aren't as impossible as 4, I'm quite the slave to that gamerscore!

I dont no how hard dmc4 achievements are,i am thinking of getting it after liking dmc so much,but dmc achievements are a beast.Ime currently slogging my way through son of sparda,and after level 10 its becoming a real challenge,and ive heard hell or hell is nigh on impossible,but dont let that put you off such a great game.Its going to take a gargantuan effort to 100 percent dmc.
fracturedrich 45

Postby hujiki » 28 Jan 2013, 13:44

I rather wait and buy something with more replay-ability.
hujiki 28

Postby fracturedrich » 20 Feb 2013, 12:58

BLOODY PALACE IS LIVE,I REPEAT BLOODY PALACE IS LIVE. sorry about that guys but ive been waiting for this.
fracturedrich 45

Postby fracturedrich » 20 Feb 2013, 13:00

hujiki wrote:I rather wait and buy something with more replay-ability.

I hope that was your attempt at being sarcastic because this game has more replay-ability than most other games ive played,i am 50 hours in and still hooked.
fracturedrich 45