to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Borderlands 2 DLC Sir Hammerlock hit by Compatibility Update

Your comments on our articles.

Read before starting your download, people

If you're restlessly refreshing the Borderlands 2 Xbox.com page in search of Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, you might want to hold those raging horses. Gearbox released a Compatibility Update on Xbox Live yesterday that's required to experience the latest DLC, but some users are having trouble downloading it.... read more

Borderlands 2 DLC Sir Hammerlock hit by Compatibility Update

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jan 2013, 14:06

I got that message about the Compatibility Pack three times before I gave up trying, the download wouldn't even start. The Hammerlock DLC itself is downloading fine. It's a bit of a shame that this game has been beset by bugs, glitches and bad design choices (low item drop rates, tedious circles of slaughter, stupid raid bosses you have to be in co-op to kill and overpowered weapon combos making all the other guns seem like peashooters), because underneath all that it's bags of fun.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Sir Hammerlock hit by Compatibility Up

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jan 2013, 19:02

Gearbox have posted a fix for this issue, you need to queue the download up from xbox.com.

Here's the link for the UK download: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... ?cid=SLink
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby fightclubdoll » 15 Jan 2013, 20:17

The Compatibility Pack finally downloads successfully... and I've downloaded the DLC.
I cannot figure out how to begin the new DLC in game, however... there's no new area or new quest listed that I can find.
I spoke to Sir Hammerlock and he says he's got a big problem and a lot of money... but he doesn't give me a quest.
fightclubdoll 18

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jan 2013, 20:43

fightclubdoll wrote:The Compatibility Pack finally downloads successfully... and I've downloaded the DLC.
I cannot figure out how to begin the new DLC in game, however... there's no new area or new quest listed that I can find.
I spoke to Sir Hammerlock and he says he's got a big problem and a lot of money... but he doesn't give me a quest.

You should see Hunter's Grotto in the fast travel menu, it's after Oasis (Scarlett DLC) and Badass Crater of Badassitude (Torgue DLC) and before Sanctuary on my list. They should really give you a message telling you this when you load the game after buying the DLC, yet another fail by Gearbox. :roll:

You did go back to the title screen after downloading the DLC and before starting the game, right? Otherwise the game hasn't loaded the DLC yet, you have to go to the title screen and re-enter the main menu before selecting Continue.
msbhvn 66