to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The buried brilliance of Xbox Live Indie - four games that a

Your comments on our articles.

Alex tours XBLA's dungeons in search of treasure

The Indie Games section on the dashboard is an easily overlooked place, lacking the high production values and glossy advertisements that define AAA titles. It makes up for this by sheer volume, with thousands of titles on offer, and browsing through them is very much like sifting for gold - you have to clear away a lot of sand (in this case, Minecraft clones and zombie shooters) to get to the shiny stuff. Nevertheless, there are brilliant gaming nuggets to be found, and I've written up a few for consumption below.... read more

The buried brilliance of Xbox Live Indie - four games that a

Postby Crisco » 21 Jan 2013, 17:24

Once again I would like to mention BloodyCheckers (I'm not on commission or anything, I just think it's a great game). For only 80 MSP it's a bargain. The exploring a spooky castle aspect alone would be worth that.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 40

Re: The buried brilliance of Xbox Live Indie - four games th

Postby Sandbwoy » 21 Jan 2013, 18:09

There are some intriguing looking games in the Indie section, it just takes a bit of patience to trawl through everything to find the hidden gems. And for an average of 80 Microsoft Points, you can't really complain. I might have a scan through later and see what I can find.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby msbhvn » 21 Jan 2013, 19:01

I bought Scribendus earlier and it's a little cracker for 80MSP. The controls are a little dodgy and you rely more on luck than skill, but it's fun and you can tell the author has made the effort.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby superdudemister » 21 Jan 2013, 20:25

How come knowbody ever mentions dead pixels its a great survival horror game for 80 mp
superdudemister 7

Postby Kloudrunner » 24 Jan 2013, 13:57

superdudemister wrote:How come knowbody ever mentions dead pixels its a great survival horror game for 80 mp

YES YES BLOODY YES

Dead Pixels is a great little game. Definatley needs more exposure :)
Kloudrunner 4

Postby Windowlicker79 » 26 Jan 2013, 12:11

Kloudrunner wrote:
superdudemister wrote:How come knowbody ever mentions dead pixels its a great survival horror game for 80 mp

YES YES BLOODY YES

Dead Pixels is a great little game. Definatley needs more exposure :)

I also agree with this. One of the best purchases I've made from the Indie Games section. Keep going back to it time and again. Plenty of different game options, brilliant multiplayer. A bloody bargain for 70p.
Also Apple Jack 1 & 2 are both very entertaining. Spent a lot of time with those.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54