to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Rumour: full next gen Xbox specs outed, Durango to include b

Your comments on our articles.

USB 3.0, 6x Blu-ray drive, eight CPUs, other bobbins

The next generation Xbox will include a dedicated Kinect port, a built-in "Natural User Interface" sensor, a 50 GB 6x Blu-ray disc drive, eight 1.6 GHz CPUs and ooh, absolutely no end of baffling technological nonsense. That's according to a document picked up by VGleaks, elements of which have been green-ticked by the megabrains over at Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.... read more

Rumour: full next gen Xbox specs outed, Durango to include b

Postby reeceiscrisp » 22 Jan 2013, 11:27

a big improvement over the current xbox machine specs but i wonder what the price tag would be on the next xbox with this in mind.
When life gives you lemons, you sell them
reeceiscrisp 17

Re: Rumour: full next gen Xbox specs outed, Durango to inclu

Postby xXPiperAlphaXx » 22 Jan 2013, 11:50

No mention of a Flux Capacitor!?
xXPiperAlphaXx 16

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Jan 2013, 12:00

xXPiperAlphaXx wrote:No mention of a Flux Capacitor!?

Alas no, you'll just have to stick to high performance sports cars for your travel through time needs
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Phenom Paradox » 22 Jan 2013, 12:07

Dissapointed that there is only 8GB of RAM. 12GB of RAM is pretty standard in gaming PC's. This means that although 8GB of RAM is more than enough right now, this Xbox will become outdated pretty much as quickly as this one did. Don't kill me for saying that but developers recognised the limits of the 360 relatively early, the technology had to develop to allow games to play as well as they do on the 360. Blu Ray is a must, Microsoft couldn't keep releasing games over 3 discs. What are they doing with a 1.6GHz processor, or is it a 12GHz processor? That isn't abundantly clear, I hope it's the latter, 1.6GHz would be a joke.
Phenom Paradox 13

Postby Windowlicker79 » 22 Jan 2013, 12:11

Just waiting for all the monster PC owners to come in with their "thats shit compared to my set-up" comments :roll:
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby ex-boxer » 22 Jan 2013, 12:31

Windowlicker79 wrote:Just waiting for all the monster PC owners to come in with their "thats shit compared to my set-up" comments :roll:

Thats shit compared to my set-up!!!! BOOM! :D :D :D

Unless this thing massage's my ding dong while i'm playing, i'm not interested.
ex-boxer 13

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Jan 2013, 12:35

Windowlicker79 wrote:Just waiting for all the monster PC owners to come in with their "thats shit compared to my set-up" comments :roll:

I think the guy above you covered that before you even commented :lol:
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Windowlicker79 » 22 Jan 2013, 12:52

CunningSmile wrote:

I think the guy above you covered that before you even commented :lol:

And the one below confirmed my general opinion of PC gamers... :roll:

What needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that the console will not need to be running a big, fat OS behind the games, along with all the other stuff PCs have to deal with. Just compare an Xbox 360 to a PC with the same specs and its obvious that the 360 easily outperforms the PC. It'll be the same with the next Xbox.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby Bobo888 » 22 Jan 2013, 13:09

CunningSmile wrote:I think the guy above you covered that before you even commented

That guy doesn't have a clue actually. 12Gb is not standard anymore as most have either moved on to quad channel or back to dual channel. Also 8gb is a huge amount for a console. The 360 has only 512mb and still runs all the same things that a high end PC with 8gb Ram can. And an 8 core 1.6ghz processor is great as long as the game is programmed to do 8 things at once. Lol 12ghz processor...
Bobo888 33

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Jan 2013, 13:21

Bobo888 wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:I think the guy above you covered that before you even commented

That guy doesn't have a clue actually. 12Gb is not standard anymore as most have either moved on to quad channel or back to dual channel. Also 8gb is a huge amount for a console. The 360 has only 512mb and still runs all the same things that a high end PC with 8gb Ram can. And an 8 core 1.6ghz processor is great as long as the game is programmed to do 8 things at once. Lol 12ghz processor...

Oh I like you! You can do my arguing for me on this topic, I'm not needed here. I was reading about the megahertz myth before, I think all of these rumoured specs are beyond my expectations of next gen if I'm honest. Hope they do something good with it.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Jan 2013, 13:27

Actually I think you'll all find that the new biochips which run at around 30ghz processor, ram equates to aruond 17.6gig and 300 teraflops per minute is the new norm. Of course being a biochip you do need the brain of a live horse along with a big jar, some coolant and a bit of hay.

Like omgz this isn't 3 billion rams and a jiggohertz promocessor and it wont take like, 17 years to program games for, what the dickens?

My non-existent degree in computer science is really showing off isn't it...
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Jan 2013, 13:45

Well, you lost me with your technobabble Mr Fish. I heard they need the brain of a fish and they link up the fishbowl via osmosis or something and run it that way, they probably didn't tell you for obvious reasons.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Jan 2013, 13:54

Stab in the dark: Big numbers are better?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Mendes » 22 Jan 2013, 13:55

I don't know... when I was a lad all we needed was a hoop and a stick to hit it with.....

...though I have to say MY hoop was the roundest and my stick... well, let's just say, it was biggest by far.
Mendes 34

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Jan 2013, 14:09

CunningSmile wrote:Stab in the dark: Big numbers are better?

Not necessarily, I point you towards the megahertz myth, and all that jazz.

Mendes wrote:I don't know... when I was a lad all we needed was a hoop and a stick to hit it with.....

...though I have to say MY hoop was the roundest and my stick... well, let's just say, it was biggest by far.

Back in my day we didn't have your fancy sticks, all we had was a rock and the mud, and we had to share the rock!
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Next