to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Preorder Bioshock Infinite, get a Bioshock prequel ebook

Your comments on our articles.

Ken Levine and Joe Fielder collaborate on history of Columbia

This is the first time in my life somebody's released a preorder incentive that actually incentivises me to preorder. Snap up Bioshock Infinite ahead of release day (26th March), and you'll get a free copy of the ebook Mind in Revolt, a short story which sheds a little more light on the game's airborne, wartorn setting.... read more

Preorder Bioshock Infinite, get a Bioshock prequel ebook

Postby Evil Monkey » 23 Jan 2013, 14:51

Damn you OXM for getting my hopes up! As far as I can tell, the freebie is only available if you order through Amazon (if I am reading the Bioshock Infinite website correctly) - I ordered mine through Game to get the songbird edition. Still cant grumble at a couple of quid, think I will purchase that when it comes out.
Evil Monkey 19

Re: Preorder Bioshock Infinite, get a Bioshock prequel ebook

Postby CunningSmile » 23 Jan 2013, 16:41

I'm currently reading Rapture, the prequel novel to the first Bioshock, which is surprisingly very good and even more surprisingly very thick. As a result while this intrigues me I'm not an eBook fan and I'd rather wait to see if they release a hard copy.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Jan 2013, 17:10

CunningSmile wrote:I'm currently reading Rapture, the prequel novel to the first Bioshock, which is surprisingly very good and even more surprisingly very thick. As a result while this intrigues me I'm not an eBook fan and I'd rather wait to see if they release a hard copy.

Thick as in big boned or have you just oxymoroned my brain into oblivion?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Jan 2013, 19:01

an ebook, well speaking as someone who doesn't own an ereader and likes owning actual books this is a touch useless
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Jan 2013, 10:43

FishyGinger wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:I'm currently reading Rapture, the prequel novel to the first Bioshock, which is surprisingly very good and even more surprisingly very thick. As a result while this intrigues me I'm not an eBook fan and I'd rather wait to see if they release a hard copy.

Thick as in big boned or have you just oxymoroned my brain into oblivion?

It's about an inch thick. Most of these sort of tie in novels (and I've read quite a few) normally struggle to find enough plot to fill a pamphlet, and even the Bioware novels for ME and DA are rarely above 300 pages. By comparison Rapture is like War and Peace, and written by Bioshock's lead writer with co-plotting and input from Ken Levine it's actually got enough ideas to warrent it, at least judging from the first half.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Evil Monkey » 24 Jan 2013, 13:55

I personally found Rapture to be a superb read, and added to the whole Bioshock mythos. I am curious to see with this one, as I am not sure I would have had the same enjoyment out of Rapture, had I not played the games first.
Evil Monkey 19