to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Best Quotes

Anything that doesn’t fit anywhere else

Best Quotes

Postby CherryDragon » 27 Jan 2013, 21:09

What are your guys favourite quotes from a video game?

Mines got to be, "THERE'S NOTHING MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT!" from Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC.
......(\_/)
......( '_')
..../""""""""""""\======░ ▒▓▓█D
/"""""""""""""""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_@ /
CherryDragon 32

Re: Best Quotes

Postby Bezza89 » 27 Jan 2013, 21:16

Back in my day we didn't have your fancy tanks! All we had was a stick and a rock. And we had to share the rock!

- Halo CE

Thought I'd try shooting my way out, mix things up a little.

- Master Chief, when he was in a good halo game.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby DGR1980 » 27 Jan 2013, 21:49

Go for the eyes Boo
DGR1980 39

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Jan 2013, 23:09

Drat, somebody beat me to a Minsc quote.

"Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there."

The Soul Reaver games are stuffed with fancy language, some of it pretty sharp. I like this one:

Kain: "Isn't it customary to grant the condemned a final request?"
Raziel: "I recall no such courtesy from you."
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 28 Jan 2013, 02:18

I bought Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance on Steam during the last sale. I'm finding Blood Omen 2 (which I have on disc) a slog to finish, though. You can really tell that it was made by a B-grade studio, as it has none of the charm of SR2 and the dialogue is mediocre at best.

Back on topic, GlaDOS has so many good quotes like:

"That thing you burned up isn't important to me; it's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It makes shoes for orphans."

"Look at you, sailing through the air majestically like an eagle... piloting a blimp."

"Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO."

(in a fake voice) "The birth parents you are trying to reach do not love you. Please hang up."

"I had a pretty good life. And then you showed up. You dangerous, mute lunatic."

Getting the idea that GlaDOS is awesome, yet? :lol:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Drainwater » 28 Jan 2013, 02:58

"Stick for a body,
Head full of straw,
Give me a Scarecrow,
Rah, Rah RAH!" - Belome, right before he casts the very annoying 'Scrow Funk spell in Super Mario RPG
Drainwater 35

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Jan 2013, 09:09

bah, someone got to the Glados quotes before me.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Jan 2013, 10:15

Bioshock:

Sander Cohen: The Wild Bunny, by Sander Cohen. I want to take the ears off, but I can't. I hop, and when I hop, I never get off the ground. It's my curse, my eternal curse. I want to take the ears off, but I can't! It's my curse, it's my f**king curse! I want to take the ears off! Please! Take them off! Pleeeeeeease!

Little Sister: Look, Mr. Bubbles. It's an angel! I can see light coming from his belly. Wait a minute... he's still breathing. It's alright. I know he'll be an angel soon.

And of course

Atlas: Would you kindly?
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Jan 2013, 10:38

It might be best if you, the master of unlocking, take this lockpick.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Grummy » 28 Jan 2013, 10:54

Along those lines, I have to go with

"Maybe it's.......................................................................................................................Chris?

The long pause was the awful place where the game had to load in the rest of Barry's dialogue and you could always here the motors in the playstation working like crazy as it did. Always a chuckle.

Resident Evil has some great quotes because they're all so bloody daft.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 28 Jan 2013, 11:50

CunningSmile wrote:Bioshock:

Sander Cohen: The Wild Bunny, by Sander Cohen. I want to take the ears off, but I can't. I hop, and when I hop, I never get off the ground. It's my curse, my eternal curse. I want to take the ears off, but I can't! It's my curse, it's my f**king curse! I want to take the ears off! Please! Take them off! Pleeeeeeease!

Sander Cohen is my favourite bit about Bioshock. Excellent character.

Mbs, GLADos isn't as good as Cave Johnson!; I've got bad new for you, we can't let you go through the preying mantis dna splicing experiments, but on a lighter note line up outside room 21B arm your self with a rifle and go Mantis Men hunting. (Or something similar)

And my personal favourite; When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With lemons. I'm going to get engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby KernowDevil23 » 28 Jan 2013, 11:53

"It's a-me, Mario!!"

Not from Mario 64 but the quite nicely timed introduction of Mario Auditore in AC2.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby schwepterbrowser » 28 Jan 2013, 12:01

KernowDevil23 wrote:"It's a-me, Mario!!"

Not from Mario 64 but the quite nicely timed introduction of Mario Auditore in AC2.

Yes, that's the most memorable bit of ACII for me.
schwepterbrowser 57

Postby Clanger67 » 28 Jan 2013, 12:19

"My Madonna" from the old woman at the start of dead rising,lol,no matter how many times i hear or think about that even this much after it first released i always chuckle.

Quite a lot of the ones from Sheogorath and Haskill in Oblivion,crazy and Haskill is very dry my type of humor.

"Go talk to Haskill, he's got more brains than a brain pie...hmmmm...brain pie... perfect!! Care to donate???"
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby SilentDark » 28 Jan 2013, 15:02

"I... I do not remember your love, Ellesime. I have tried. I have tried to recreate it, to spark it anew in my memory, but it is gone... a hollow, dead thing. For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. And then nothing. The Seldarine took that from me, too. I look upon you and feel nothing. I remember nothing but you turning your back on me, along with all the others. Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And I... WILL... HAVE IT!!"

Jon Irenicus, one of the greatest villains from one of the greatest games of all time. :D
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Next