to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Lost levels of Xbox 360: six places you didn't get to visit

Your comments on our articles.

Environments they chopped before release

If axe-happy George Osborne ever finds himself stuck for public services to shred, he could do worse than take inspiration from some of the more ruthless videogame developers. Irrational Games is our current score leader for the title of Most Masochistic - according to catlike boss-man Ken Levine, the developer has chopped away two whole games' worth of material from the upcoming Bioshock Infinite. Might want to give the NHS another once-over, George. You may have missed a bit.... read more

Lost levels of Xbox 360: six places you didn't get to visit

Postby battfink83 » 28 Jan 2013, 17:20

This is the one thing that really winds me up. Why cut content from a game that's paced like me2? Just release it!
battfink83 47

Re: Lost levels of Xbox 360: six places you didn't get to vi

Postby Gazisdaman » 28 Jan 2013, 18:37

I'm quite upset to hear about all of the cut content from halo 3. I have been crying out for years for someone to utilize the vast amount of content the halo universe has to offer to no avail, to hear that my wishes were so close to fulfillment is a hard pill to swallow. I am very disappointed.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Droidsbane » 28 Jan 2013, 20:26

Gazisdaman wrote:I'm quite upset to hear about all of the cut content from halo 3. I have been crying out for years for someone to utilize the vast amount of content the halo universe has to offer to no avail, to hear that my wishes were so close to fulfillment is a hard pill to swallow. I am very disappointed.

Theres always Destiny
Droidsbane 33

Postby Droidsbane » 28 Jan 2013, 20:30

There was supposedly a lot of content for mass effect 3 that either didnt get ade or was in the early stages and cut, such as Omega
Palaven
there was going to be a quest involving shepard teaming up with everyone favourite punching bag reporter and Emily Wong to bust a cerberus recruitment drive on the citadel.
Droidsbane 33

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Jan 2013, 11:22

Does it count that LucasArt cut Coruscant, Korriban, Telos, Ilum and in fact the whole game from Knights of the Old Republic 3?

Yes I know a cancelled game probably doesn't count, but I'm still trying to invoke the magic of OXM forums to get games commissioned :cry:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 29 Jan 2013, 11:53

But it exists, and it's free to play, hooray!

I made myself sad :(

Yes I'd like a proper Kotor game, none of this mmo rubbish.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby milorambaldi » 01 Feb 2013, 01:11

What's more annoying is when they take stuff out of a game just so they can flog it back to you, or make in-game content via online codes, Rocksteady, I'm looking at you.
milorambaldi 2

Postby msbhvn » 01 Feb 2013, 02:43

CunningSmile wrote:Does it count that LucasArt cut Coruscant, Korriban, Telos, Ilum and in fact the whole game from Knights of the Old Republic 3?

Yes I know a cancelled game probably doesn't count, but I'm still trying to invoke the magic of OXM forums to get games commissioned :cry:

No magic in the world can raise the dead. Now imagine the horror of Disney asking the current EA-enslaved BioWare to create a Star Wars 7 tie-in game. *cut to picture of Edvard Munch's The Scream* :lol:

And milorambaldi, I take it you're an Alias fan? Great series.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66