to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skulls of the Shogun

Your comments on our articles.

Strategic samurai shenanigans in yet another XBLA corker

Earlier this year, the wonderful Awesomenauts reinvented the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena genre for consoles, making it accessible without diluting its core qualities. The similarly cartoonish Skulls of the Shogun does just about the same job for turn-based strategy - and if anything, makes an even better fist of it. In a year of Xbox Live Arcade essentials, this is right up there with the very best.... read more

Skulls of the Shogun

Postby SkinnerChinner » 29 Jan 2013, 14:54

I wondered what happened to this, wasn't it scheduled for a November release last year? Just seemed to disappear of the radar.

Anyway, good review - I'll be sure to give it a go tomorrow.
SkinnerChinner 35

Re: Skulls of the Shogun

Postby Plamsa wing » 29 Jan 2013, 17:58

Hows measure up to other strategy games like Xcom (being the most recent I've played on the box), sounds interesting and I'll try the demo anyway, but just wondering if it's the download.

I need more strategy games on my consoles.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Jan 2013, 21:54

a game where if you if lose one cetain unit the game ends - i sense that becoming very irritating at times.
but anyway, looks cool - I love strategy and the Advance Wars games (even if i'm terrible at all of them) so il give the demo a whirl
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Feb 2013, 20:38

I had a choice today,omerta or this,i got this and ime glad,it could of been a little deeper but it plays well.The only gripe is the servers,having a little trouble getting a game online.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Dave101 » 04 Feb 2013, 21:09

4 player local is pretty great, this and commanders are the best 'fun' ones out the imo.
Dave101 16