to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Revolution

Your comments on our articles.

Treyarch breaks its own rules in Black Ops 2's first DLC

You know where you stand with Call of Duty maps. They're usually circular or oval, with neat flanking routes to the left and right, and often a structure or open space in the centre where those brave enough to cross it tend to get caught in the crossfire. Every map is based on design rules set in stone and laid out in a document by Treyarch, and Revolution is their first shot at breaking them.... read more

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Revolution

Postby Baryonyx » 29 Jan 2013, 18:51

The new MP maps sound nice but the Zombie mode content is just fluff. It's an absolutely dire mode, an experiment that should have been put to bed long ago.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 36

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Revolution

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Jan 2013, 19:27

this article and all the promotion makes it sound like this is a radical change to gaming and multiplayer in general, when its actually just CoD catching up with the times xD
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby deadfrog73 » 30 Jan 2013, 09:27

Still a lack of hardcore game modes,wheres hardcore domination and headquarters???? I appreciate that a lot...probably more...people play core mode but there are plenty of us hardcore players out there. They seem to have offered us hardcore kill confirmed and that is all we are going to get. No hardcore league mode either.....come on treyarc....please sort this out. New maps are good and peacemaker is an interesting touch,but for me ...a hardcore player....this is NOT enough. I have been a loyal COD player since day one but I am losing faith. Thanks for reading.....rant over! :shock:
deadfrog73 2

Postby PaladinRonin » 30 Jan 2013, 09:59

Metalrodent wrote:this article and all the promotion makes it sound like this is a radical change to gaming and multiplayer in general, when its actually just CoD catching up with the times xD

Damn, you beat me to it and so take all the glory.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby bamozzy » 30 Jan 2013, 11:26

Personally I like the new maps. I love the environmental 'hazards', the graphical look and the way they play too. For a Call of Duty game, Treyarchs Maps are a lot better in design and thought than Infinity Wards - certainly in the last few games!

The Peacekeeper is an 'interesting' weapon. Overall I do like it but all the matches I played were dominated by its use - I know it is early days and I certainly want more time with it before I make a final judgement.

I really enjoyed playing 'Die Rise' and I think this can easily become my favourite Zombie Map in BO2. It is much more like the DLC maps (Call of the Dead, Ascension, Moon etc.) I would rather play this than ANY of the 'Transit' maps! Turned is interesting but as it uses 'Diner' only and has only 4 people too so gets a bit boring quickly. It would be much more fun if they had AI zombies too. Maybe with 2 humans. I can see this being tweaked though as the weapon swap times are ridiculous. As soon as you kill a zombie you progress in weapons (like gun game) but it takes too long to change and more often than not you get killed whilst waiting for the next weapon. I would prefer it (maybe) if it was more like Survival where you can buy weapons from walls - maybe start off with a better pistol than the executioner - maybe the B23R :wink:

Overall (and compared to ALL previous CoD DLC) I think this represents the best value for money. he Previous Treyarch DLC pattern of 4 maps and a zombie map (excluding the Moon based Zombie pack) has been bettered because it now gives us the extra Weapon and Zombie game mode.

Whilst it may not be groundbreaking in terms of DLC in general, I do think it is quite revolutionary for CoD and for that I must give them credit. I just wish I could say the same for the team behind the lack of a 'Fix' for the problem with playing Local and online (losing CC slots, permanent unlock tokens, challenges, playercards emblems and having all your stats corrupted!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby TippiestRook99 » 30 Jan 2013, 16:21

Treyarch have changed things(for call of duty)theres no going back.But to Infinity Ward there just freaks like me. :twisted:
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.Featuring a review of Elder Scrolls Online Virtual Boy.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 55

Postby fracturedrich » 03 Feb 2013, 13:10

TippiestRook99 wrote:Treyarch have changed things(for call of duty)theres no going back.But to Infinity Ward there just freaks like me. :twisted:

What are you on about?
fracturedrich 46

Postby TippiestRook99 » 04 Feb 2013, 19:15

fracturedrich wrote:
TippiestRook99 wrote:Treyarch have changed things(for call of duty)theres no going back.But to Infinity Ward there just freaks like me. :twisted:

What are you on about?

Honestly.Im rambling. :roll:
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.Featuring a review of Elder Scrolls Online Virtual Boy.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 55