to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Spoken Word Poem

Anything that doesn’t fit anywhere else

Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 30 Jan 2013, 00:52

Hello fellow gamers!

Mr. V here!

Just uploaded a spoken word poem about video gaming and the stigmas associated with such a passion and I'd love for you all to give it a goose and throw me some feedback! Very much appreciated :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DjXWxAoBf0

Peace and love,
Mr. V
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby Grummy » 31 Jan 2013, 00:02

Yeah.....no. I can hit you with a free Piss Off though.
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 8429
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 31 Jan 2013, 13:34

Grummy wrote:Yeah.....no. I can hit you with a free Piss Off though.

Insightful!
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby OXM ETboy » 31 Jan 2013, 14:24

That was uncalled for, Grummy. Give the man a break.
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 31 Jan 2013, 17:07

OXM ETboy wrote:That was uncalled for, Grummy. Give the man a break.

Thank you ETboy :) I appreciate the support.
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Jan 2013, 17:56

If you wrote it down...then teach me how to read, I might give you feed back.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
User avatar
FishyGinger 66
 
Posts: 3729
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby Spiderless » 31 Jan 2013, 23:53

Not normally my kind of thing but I actually quite enjoyed it, I'm sure many gamers (me included) have been in a similar situation to the one described in the poem, and I think it is a good reflection of those situations.
Perhaps if you posted the lyrics as text too? Spoken word poetry seems to exclude itself from being taken seriously, by most people.
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby KernowDevil23 » 01 Feb 2013, 00:04

Takes a lot of bottle and no small amount of talent to put yourself out there like that so well done chap.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 01 Feb 2013, 00:06

Spiderless wrote:Not normally my kind of thing but I actually quite enjoyed it, I'm sure many gamers (me included) have been in a similar situation to the one described in the poem, and I think it is a good reflection of those situations.
Perhaps if you posted the lyrics as text too? Spoken word poetry seems to exclude itself from being taken seriously, by most people.

Thank you for your thoughts, Spiderless :) I guess I have to now, ironically, write a spoken word poem about the stigmas associated to spoken word poetry!
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 01 Feb 2013, 00:10

KernowDevil23 wrote:Takes a lot of bottle and no small amount of talent to put yourself out there like that so well done chap.

I appreciate the acknowledgement, thank you :) I don't know what was more of a risk, enduring the situation in my poem or submitting a poem about such a situation to a gaming forum!
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby golliwoza » 01 Feb 2013, 00:24

After reading Kernows and Spiderless's post I decided to give it a listen and I have to say good job. I find it hard to talk to anyone else aside from close friends about my interests in gaming without being judged in a negative way. Hope to see you around more often anyway. :D
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
User avatar
golliwoza 56
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 11:03
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 01 Feb 2013, 01:22

golliwoza wrote:After reading Kernows and Spiderless's post I decided to give it a listen and I have to say good job. I find it hard to talk to anyone else aside from close friends about my interests in gaming without being judged in a negative way. Hope to see you around more often anyway. :D

I completely understand where you're coming from. Admitting you're a gamer, for some reason, puts you in a very vulnerable position. No matter how hard you contend that gaming has become a much more mature and artistic medium, to an outside eye, it will still only ever be perceived as an infantile indulgence. Nonetheless, thank you very much for your feedback :)
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby Grummy » 01 Feb 2013, 09:54

I apologise.

I was having a bad day and thought you were a another spambot/crappy marketing ploy, I should have looked into it more first.

Once again, my apologies.
One. Warrior. Nation.
User avatar
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 8429
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Feb 2013, 10:06

FantasticMrVox wrote:
golliwoza wrote:After reading Kernows and Spiderless's post I decided to give it a listen and I have to say good job. I find it hard to talk to anyone else aside from close friends about my interests in gaming without being judged in a negative way. Hope to see you around more often anyway. :D

I completely understand where you're coming from. Admitting you're a gamer, for some reason, puts you in a very vulnerable position. No matter how hard you contend that gaming has become a much more mature and artistic medium, to an outside eye, it will still only ever be perceived as an infantile indulgence. Nonetheless, thank you very much for your feedback :)


I love Dara O'briain's skit comparing it to admitting in public you masturbate and how after the first sentence most of the rest of the conversation is the same :lol:

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I will if I remember. Text would be nice though
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9262
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spoken Word Poem

Postby FantasticMrVox » 01 Feb 2013, 10:33

Grummy wrote:I apologise.

I was having a bad day and thought you were a another spambot/crappy marketing ploy, I should have looked into it more first.

Once again, my apologies.

S'all good :) Almost the weekend now so, hopefully, your days will get better!
FantasticMrVox 8
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 00:50

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]