to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA puts Medal of Honor on hold following dismal Warfighter s

Your comments on our articles.

"Frankly we missed on Medal of Honor, and we take responsibility for that."

Medal of Honor is no more, at least for the moment. During a financial call picked up by Eurogamer last night, EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore called time on the resurrected franchise in light of "well below expectations" sales of the recent Medal of Honor: Warfighter.... read more

EA puts Medal of Honor on hold following dismal Warfighter s

Postby Bezza89 » 31 Jan 2013, 11:50

Good news everyone!

No, seriously it is, if there's anything more annoying than BF3 trying to cannibalise the CoD market it's EA putting the two year rotation cycle to make MoH fight treyarch, it is silly business as MoH was always going to get seen as comparatively ship even if it wasn't. As long as Danger Close are still working this is only good news - maybe MoH will go back to being a ww2 spy like in the original games. Or maybe they'll have a new ip to work on. Either way, they wont have to be compared to CoD, which will help their market share.

Now, EA are still going to want a two year rotation cycle game for Nov release, is it respawn? Bad Company? Didn't they just buy homefront too lol? Don't forget EA always have new IP somewhere, and we might actually get great games pumped out, rather than FPS we might see an RPGy shooter taking it's place - the success of borderlands and fallout can't be ignored...

Like the proffessor said... good news!
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Re: EA puts Medal of Honor on hold following dismal Warfight

Postby Baryonyx » 31 Jan 2013, 14:05

I've not played Warfighter, but the previous MOH game was a bit lacklustre. I did enjoy the campaign, though it was nothing to write home about, and the multiplayer was dismal. And that is a game pitched directly against whichever COD offering is doing the rounds at the time. Against a poor COD like MW2 it would have stood a better chance.

The last time I really enjoyed a Medal of Honor game was Underground!

Excalipoor
Baryonyx 40

Postby Bezza89 » 31 Jan 2013, 15:06

Underground was amazing! Frontline was also good though.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby Decent_Jam » 31 Jan 2013, 18:30

Bezza89 wrote:Underground was amazing! Frontline was also good though.

Frontline was my favourite, I forget what the one after that was, but that one (on Gamecube) was OK too, and I seem to remember Rising Sun being meh.

I have fond memories of MOH but that's all, I've moved on really,

Will be interesting to see what fills the void, Mirror's Edge 2 perhaps? (stop dribbling Ed)
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Postby The Holczanator » 02 Feb 2013, 17:47

medal of honor was good back in the day but it has been going down hill for years now its great that it got pullled because they could focus on makeing it a better game agan
The Holczanator 12