to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Hitman: HD Trilogy

Your comments on our articles.

A bumper package of Agent 47's greatest hits - and some B-sides...

Whatever you thought of last year's Hitman Absolution, you definitely thought something. Io's latest game is one of the most divisive in recent memory, not for being bad, but for being different. Absolution broke away from the series roots to deliver a different kind of murder, and this HD collection gives us a chance to remind ourselves what was lost.... read more

Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Clanger67 » 01 Feb 2013, 15:47

Well not a too bad score.Will def. be getting it as i have never had Blood Money.Shame about the graphic glitches etc. given it is a HD update but the gameplay will nail it for me. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby fracturedrich » 01 Feb 2013, 16:08

Clanger67 wrote:Well not a too bad score.Will def. be getting it as i have never had Blood Money.Shame about the graphic glitches etc. given it is a HD update but the gameplay will nail it for me. :D

Yes clanger i have clocked all of them apart from blood money,with omerta hitting rubbish reviews ime def going to get it aswell.
fracturedrich 46
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 10:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Bezza89 » 01 Feb 2013, 16:12

I've not noticed any as of yet, it's quite a nice do, better than I thought but not the best it could have been. Why you didn't just link the blood money review and talk more about the other two I don't know - but I hope this review convinces people that these games are well worth a punt (though very difficult, I silent assassin'ed the Asylum Aftermath level straight away, mainly due to muscle memory lol but then the Meat King level just had super sharp AI who spot things very quick.

It's a shame they didn't put SA and Contracts on the blood money engine, but you must give them a go if you played Absolution or just like stealth games. They are sandbox dreams!
It's all in the game...
User avatar
Bezza89 65
 
Posts: 6868
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Clanger67 » 01 Feb 2013, 16:32

fracturedrich wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:Well not a too bad score.Will def. be getting it as i have never had Blood Money.Shame about the graphic glitches etc. given it is a HD update but the gameplay will nail it for me. :D

Yes clanger i have clocked all of them apart from blood money,with omerta hitting rubbish reviews ime def going to get it aswell.



Yeah i have all the others for the pc,for some reason Blood Money passed me by,lack of money or other releases around at the time.Shame about Omerta i was quite looking forward too that as well.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Alaric14 » 02 Feb 2013, 04:01

The very first game, Hitman: Codename 47, isn't in this package. Why not? It was by far the most influential. Fellow Xbox users, allow me to direct you to the magical world of Steam where recently they were doing a deal for the first three Hitman games - all presented in beautifully crisp graphics - for about four quid. Yeah. Four little pound coins. By contrast this HD collection is around twenty pounds stirling.

Now you know! And knowing is half the battle.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
User avatar
Alaric14 35
 
Posts: 805
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 10:06

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Bezza89 » 02 Feb 2013, 12:02

Contracts is basically Codename 47 but backwards.
It's all in the game...
User avatar
Bezza89 65
 
Posts: 6868
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Feb 2013, 14:37

Alaric14 wrote:The very first game, Hitman: Codename 47, isn't in this package. Why not? It was by far the most influential. Fellow Xbox users, allow me to direct you to the magical world of Steam where recently they were doing a deal for the first three Hitman games - all presented in beautifully crisp graphics - for about four quid. Yeah. Four little pound coins. By contrast this HD collection is around twenty pounds stirling.

Now you know! And knowing is half the battle.

We have consoles because we love consoles,i personally own both and the only game i play on the other is sc2.I have endless games on my xbox and i could have got nearly all of them cheaper on steam.I would gladly pay a little bit extra to keep my local game shop open,and i hate the idea of download only.For me steam is far from magical and i cant wait to play blood money on my xbox as i missed it the first time round.
fracturedrich 46
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 10:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Alaric14 » 02 Feb 2013, 15:00

fracturedrich wrote:
Alaric14 wrote:The very first game, Hitman: Codename 47, isn't in this package. Why not? It was by far the most influential. Fellow Xbox users, allow me to direct you to the magical world of Steam where recently they were doing a deal for the first three Hitman games - all presented in beautifully crisp graphics - for about four quid. Yeah. Four little pound coins. By contrast this HD collection is around twenty pounds stirling.

Now you know! And knowing is half the battle.

We have consoles because we love consoles,i personally own both and the only game i play on the other is sc2.I have endless games on my xbox and i could have got nearly all of them cheaper on steam.I would gladly pay a little bit extra to keep my local game shop open,and i hate the idea of download only.For me steam is far from magical and i cant wait to play blood money on my xbox as i missed it the first time round.


Fair play to you; the games console isn't going to disappear any time soon and I wasn't trying to use the Hitman HD Collection as a platform to denounce its existence. There are plenty of games I'd rather play on consoles. In this specific instance, though, I think it's a better deal to see and play the original trilogy for less on PC if you're able.

And don't be so quick to pass up download only - the On Demand section on Xbox Live has preserved games that have all but disappeared in hard copy (the excellent JRPG Tales of Vesperia being one of them). Regardless, I hope you enjoy Blood Money. :D
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
User avatar
Alaric14 35
 
Posts: 805
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 10:06

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Alaric14 » 02 Feb 2013, 15:05

Bezza89 wrote:Contracts is basically Codename 47 but backwards.


"Basically" is the problem I have with it. It doesn't equate to the actual experience of the original, but if people want the rough diamond it's their choice to make. I'd rather play Codename 47.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
User avatar
Alaric14 35
 
Posts: 805
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 10:06

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Feb 2013, 15:50

, I think it's a better deal to see and play the original trilogy for less on PC if you're able.

And don't be so quick to pass up download only - the On Demand section on Xbox Live has preserved games that have all but disappeared in hard copy (the excellent JRPG Tales of Vesperia being one of them). Regardless, I hope you enjoy Blood Money. :D[/quote]
Yeah thanks,it is a better deal if you are able.I have been considering TOV for some time and played the demo a couple of weeks ago,cant find a copy anywhere,now i no why.Downloads have there upsides and i would consider codes from my local gameshop.
fracturedrich 46
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 10:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Feb 2013, 18:38

Oh yes,i do not like downloadable games ,currently playing skulls of the shogun,walking dead,bastion,minecraft,fez and mark of the ninja.so damn to thinking first.
fracturedrich 46
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 10:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Feb 2013, 17:52

These are a lot harder than I remember, not in completion, but in trying to silent assassin the levels (I don't use guides) but just being in disguise can be difficult. You need to study the maps for about 10 minutes on each level to see the routes of the gaurds to ensure you're not leading them to bodies you've hidden, well, dumped as there's nowhere to hide them like in Blood Money. However, if you ignore being that anal it's really rewarding, especially as you check the stats screen to see how well you did.

It really is a shame they didn't just release Blood Money with the other two games on that engine, they really would have benefitted, the newspapers, notoriety, dumping bodies, the smoothed out gameplay, being able to push people/nick weapons in a jam. Just little things that remind you how magical that game is in its simplicity. But the levels just aren't as good as 2 or Contracts, why didn't they blend the awesome?

great/10.
It's all in the game...
User avatar
Bezza89 65
 
Posts: 6868
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hitman: HD Trilogy

Postby Facehugger2010 » 22 Mar 2013, 12:45

I'm a huge fan of this series , but have mixed feelings on this. I completed Contracts and Blood Money (360) and didn't notice much in the way of HD improvement, but I still loved it and enjoyed the many methods you can 'off' your target. No issues until I started playing Silent Assassin (Hitman 2). I noticed some huge programming flaws with the guards in several places that make the game virtually impossible if you're seeking the SA ratings on multiple difficulties.
Sometimes the guard will just freeze on the spot regardless of how far away you are and some even adopt the default programming pose like they're about to take off! You'd think they'd be a standard of quality where these games are tested, and I can't find anything on them bringing up an update to fix this problem either. I've played all of these on PC and PS2 and never recalled having this problem. Contracts and Blood Money save this trilogy, but only just.
Facehugger2010 1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Mar 2013, 12:20


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Metalrodent, msbhvn and 5 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]