to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ken Levine talks escaping the past: "plain remakes don't do

Your comments on our articles.

Bioshock boss praises XCOM reboot for "reducing choice but making choices more interesting"

All the rose-tinting in the world can't hide the fact that classic games don't always hold up under scrutiny today - or so says Ken Levine, Irrational Games boss and lead designer on Bioshock Infinite. Speaking to OXM as part of an interview published in our latest issue, on sale now, Levine offered Firaxis's XCOM: Enemy Unknown reboot as an example of how to teach an old dog new tricks.... read more

Ken Levine talks escaping the past: "plain remakes don't do

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Feb 2013, 16:05

Is Ken Levine doing wall to wall press junkets at the moment or did he give one interview that OXM are cutting into bite size sound bites? Just seems like there's a new piece everyday...

...not complaining mind you. It's really nice to see a developer who didn't go to the "slag off everyone else to make our game look better," school of press release.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Ken Levine talks escaping the past: "plain remakes don't

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Feb 2013, 16:40

CunningSmile wrote:Is Ken Levine doing wall to wall press junkets at the moment or did he give one interview that OXM are cutting into bite size sound bites? Just seems like there's a new piece everyday...

...not complaining mind you. It's really nice to see a developer who didn't go to the "slag off everyone else to make our game look better," school of press release.

This just in, Ken Levine says you smell.

I'm so mature... :D
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66