to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

THQ's loss, Koch Media's gain - why the future is bright for

Your comments on our articles.

A gun game about surviving, not killing

When they're not brain-washing us into hijacking ambulances or deep-frying our own household pets, videogames teach the virtues of inefficiency. Chalking up a double-figure killstreak in Call of Duty generally means deploying enough raw ordinance to powderise an asteroid. In Borderlands 2, meanwhile, you'll throw away randomly generated guns almost as often as you fire them.... read more

THQ's loss, Koch Media's gain - why the future is bright for

Postby Raluph » 02 Feb 2013, 18:08

It can't really be THQ's loss, they don't exist anymore...
Raluph 11

Re: THQ's loss, Koch Media's gain - why the future is bright

Postby Baryonyx » 03 Feb 2013, 07:20

Could this Metro game actually be worth playing? I looked forward to the last one so much after the excessive press hype it received, only to be let down by a fairly shoddy FPS, it's shortcomings not made up for by the atmosphere on offer. Overall, I found it a pretty dull and unremarkable experience and therefore, a bit of a let down.

Has this game made a significant leap forward from the last game, or is it a case of love it or loathe it?
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 36

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Feb 2013, 11:24

Baryonyx wrote:Could this Metro game actually be worth playing? I looked forward to the last one so much after the excessive press hype it received, only to be let down by a fairly shoddy FPS, it's shortcomings not made up for by the atmosphere on offer. Overall, I found it a pretty dull and unremarkable experience and therefore, a bit of a let down.

Has this game made a significant leap forward from the last game, or is it a case of love it or loathe it?

Meanwhile I found it one of the best games I've played. It takes all sorts...
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Feb 2013, 11:25

Loved 2033 too, but those exploding wall jelly things ruined the endgame for me.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff