to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Crysis 3 hands-on: now you see me, now you don't

Your comments on our articles.

Ed stalks New York's overgrown underbelly

It's amazing how sterile really great graphics can seem, in the absence of similarly distinctive art direction. Crysis 3 is, in all likelihood, one of the prettiest games you'll play, an open world shooter that aims to "melt" PCs and shame the bulk of its console competitors - but for all its feats of geometry, seductive lighting and rippling water effects, I'd struggle to distinguish its vision of a torn-down Western world from any other.... read more

Crysis 3 hands-on: now you see me, now you don't

Postby ItchyRash » 08 Feb 2013, 17:32

As one of the seemingly few to have pre-ordered this I don't know whether to be excited or worried. Is it shaping up to be a great looking but soulless, uninteresting experience? I really enjoyed 1 and 2. More so the first. 2 seems to get a bit of a rough deal. Have they toned down the nano suit voice alerts?

Wish they would release Crysis Warhead as they did the first on XBLA.
ItchyRash 42

Re: Crysis 3 hands-on: now you see me, now you don't

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Feb 2013, 18:49

If you enjoyed 2, I can't see you not enjoying this. It does all the same stuff on a bigger scale, with more guns and shizzle. Played any of the beta?
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby ItchyRash » 09 Feb 2013, 11:41

MORE SHIZZLE!? Just what a sequel should contain. I've been toying with the idea of trying the beta but I know I won't be playing much if any of the multiplayer anyway and didn't much like the multiplayer in the last game. Though that Predator-esque mode does sound pretty good. I'll look forward to getting my hands on this then. Especially if it's style goes back a little to the first game. Loved the island setting and all the foliage. Think they did a great job with putting Crysis on Xbox Live. Looked and played amazing and only £14 or something.
ItchyRash 42

Postby Bezza89 » 10 Feb 2013, 20:13

Eugh the pathfinding hasn't been fixed? All they needed to do was fix the AI, it's in both pervious games and has been extensively moaned at. These 7 biomes, are they like 7 massive sandboxes or are they just 7 areas with a few missions going through them, or is each just one mission?
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 10 Feb 2013, 20:23

I've got the first Crysis on disc for PC, but I never installed it because of the specs it needed and some technical problems with my current PC. My new all high-end PC should be ready early this coming week, so I'll be able to give it a go. If I like it, I'll get Crysis 2 on Steam, but I'm not prepared to deal with Origin, so I may get Crysis 3 on 360 instead, even if it won't be as pretty.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 09:50

msbhvn wrote:I've got the first Crysis on disc for PC, but I never installed it because of the specs it needed and some technical problems with my current PC. My new all high-end PC should be ready early this coming week, so I'll be able to give it a go. If I like it, I'll get Crysis 2 on Steam, but I'm not prepared to deal with Origin, so I may get Crysis 3 on 360 instead, even if it won't be as pretty.

The first one on max settings is very pretty indeed but after that I went onto xbox for 2 which still looked pretty fine. Looks like I will be getting but not for awhile.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby fracturedrich » 18 Feb 2013, 12:53

I pre order'd crisis 3,i liked 2 single player but could not get good on mp,well getting t bagged every time you play and seeing not one bit of improvement is hardly motivational.I got a deal on trade when i bought the good dead space 3,but had to pre order to get it,they offer me alien cm,but i very wisely refused,and went for crysis 3 and game are giving away the first crysis as a incentive,having never played the first i thought it to be a no brainer.I played the demo to crisis 3 and really liked it but please tell me i havn't bought a new game to only play the old one,is crisis 3 as good as it looks guys and when will the review go live.P.S. thankyou for the heads up on dead space 3 over acm,ive just completed the former twice and really enjoyed it,
fracturedrich 46