What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Feb 2013, 14:55

I know, I know, we're a 360 site, disgraceful capitulation to the Hated Enemy, etc - but I thought we should have a thread about that forthcoming Sony event anyway. Aside from an affordable PS4, I'm hoping for: reboots of Colony Wars and Legacy of Kain (former = highly unlikely, latter = increasingly plausible), Last Guardian news and some Actual New Games for the PS Vita, which I've been wavering on the edge of buying for about three months. I imagine all the big current Sony franchises will be there - God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo, etc - but I can't really be arsed about those.

Your hopes and fears?
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Grummy » 10 Feb 2013, 15:54

I'm hoping to see that they've upgraded from a George to a full on Kitchen. Any console that can also make the tea wins my vote.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9395
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Feb 2013, 16:24

A console shaped like a teapot would be all kinds of win.

The event kicks off on the 20th, by the way. Sorry, probably should have mentioned that before.
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby schwepterbrowser » 10 Feb 2013, 17:24

Are they actually announcing the PS4 then? I'm not too fussed either way, I've never had a PS3 and have lost all interest in the Vita. I'm more than happy with just my Xbox & PC at the moment, so I'll likely upgrade both of those and ignore the other consoles. That's providing the 720 isn't a steaming pile as the questionable rumors suggest, of course. If it were my PS4 interest would suddenly pick up I'm sure.
User avatar
schwepterbrowser 57
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 16:49
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Feb 2013, 17:58

Did they actually say what this event is? Even if they announce the PS4, I reckon we won't get any specs yet. If I were Sony or Microsoft, I'd wait until the other party came out with their specs.

I'll likely end up getting both anyway at some point. I'm just moe interested in how the good the games are, couldn't give a monkeys arse if they're shiny or not. Just want good gameplay, story and atmosphere. Make me feel again!
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
User avatar
Plamsa wing 57
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 13:59

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Bezza89 » 10 Feb 2013, 20:32

schwepterbrowser wrote:Are they actually announcing the PS4 then? I'm not too fussed either way, I've never had a PS3 and have lost all interest in the Vita. I'm more than happy with just my Xbox & PC at the moment, so I'll likely upgrade both of those and ignore the other consoles. That's providing the 720 isn't a steaming pile as the questionable rumors suggest, of course. If it were my PS4 interest would suddenly pick up I'm sure.


See the future is the tagline isn't it? Or something similar. I'd be hard pressed to say it isn't a next-gen announcement but you're correct, it could be anything.

Having upgraded my PC I'm wary of next gen, atm there is not one game I'm interested in on any device, save GTA and Bioshock. I'd need to see some real amazing ship happening in game to sway me, graphics wise what I'm experiencing on my PC is really quite pleasing, and I don't think many games could surpass the quality to a point where I go 'oh I need to upgrade' - I guess my point is, if they have a great game roster, they have my money regardless of platform. A ps4 announcement should kick MS up the arse into revealing something soon too.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 69
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Grummy » 10 Feb 2013, 21:39

Bezza89 wrote:
schwepterbrowser wrote:Are they actually announcing the PS4 then? I'm not too fussed either way, I've never had a PS3 and have lost all interest in the Vita. I'm more than happy with just my Xbox & PC at the moment, so I'll likely upgrade both of those and ignore the other consoles. That's providing the 720 isn't a steaming pile as the questionable rumors suggest, of course. If it were my PS4 interest would suddenly pick up I'm sure.


See the future is the tagline isn't it? Or something similar. I'd be hard pressed to say it isn't a next-gen announcement but you're correct, it could be anything.

Having upgraded my PC I'm wary of next gen, atm there is not one game I'm interested in on any device, save GTA and Bioshock. I'd need to see some real amazing ship happening in game to sway me, graphics wise what I'm experiencing on my PC is really quite pleasing, and I don't think many games could surpass the quality to a point where I go 'oh I need to upgrade' - I guess my point is, if they have a great game roster, they have my money regardless of platform. A ps4 announcement should kick MS up the arse into revealing something soon too.


Nope, that was for Fable 2.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9395
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Bezza89 » 11 Feb 2013, 00:11

...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 69
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Grummy » 11 Feb 2013, 07:32

*HUMOUR FAILURE DETECTED*
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9395
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 10:34

If they did away with the crap menu system the ps3 has and make it a bit clearer, change the store/download setup as it's even worse, not have that stupid colonial marines advert stopping me from typing.......and change the controller as it's just rubbish.

Then maybe I'd go for it. In about 10 years. Maybe.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
User avatar
FishyGinger 71
 
Posts: 4779
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Bezza89 » 11 Feb 2013, 12:38

Grummy wrote:*HUMOUR FAILURE DETECTED*


How was it even a joke?? As it wasn't funny I would never have got it, I'd say humour failure, indeed. :wink:

Though I'd say maybe the reveal is for Fable coming to ps3? That would be funny after the fracas over this announcement.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 69
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby Carpet Monkey » 11 Feb 2013, 13:17

I hope they announce the next xbox
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
User avatar
Carpet Monkey 42
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 17:31
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby SilentDark » 11 Feb 2013, 15:27

When they announce the PS4 (remember kids four is death :) ) I hope they actually take stock of the embarrassing train wreck that was the PS3 promos, giant enemy crabs, RIIIIIIDGE RACER, the fact that they gloated about the high price point. I'm amazed that the PS3 wasn't killed stone dead by the behavior of Sony execs and press officers at that time.

That said I'd love a return of the boomerang controllers that early concepts of the PS3 sported. :lol:
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: 10 Jan 2013, 15:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Feb 2013, 15:35

SilentDark wrote:When they announce the PS4 (remember kids four is death :) )


That's actually a very good point. No way is any Japanese company going to use 4 in it's products name, it's considered bad luck on a par with MS walking under a ladder whilst breaking mirrors with a black cat. With that in mind I wonder what they'll call the new console?
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What are you hoping to see at Sony's PS4 event?

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 16:01

A cat is not the best implement to break mirrors with. Certainly not if you're the cat in question.

I'd personally like the reveal to be really funny and absurd, it'll be called the Sony BlobStation, you'll want 5 jobs just to pay for one, it won't play new games and it will have a breathalyzer attached so you need to be heavily drunk to play it.

Image
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
User avatar
FishyGinger 71
 
Posts: 4779
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FishyGinger, Maximus T and 1 guest

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]