to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Lost texts of Skyrim: the Dawnguard Diaries

Your comments on our articles.

Mike and Ed demonstrate that a problem shared is a problem doubled

Once upon a time, two not-quite-legendary heroes of Skyrim set out to review the game's Dawnguard DLC pack, a decent enough add-on which tasks the Dragonborn with either aiding or averting a vampiric plot to overthrow the sun. The original plan was to write up the whole thing as a two-part diary piece - the parallel tales of myself and Mike "Woe Unto The Quitter" Channell, playing the parts of devious Vampire Lord and Dawnguard avenger respectively.... read more

Lost texts of Skyrim: the Dawnguard Diaries

Postby Alaric14 » 10 Feb 2013, 16:20

This was fun to read and I think probably fun to write. I got as much of a gist about Dawnguard from the review you eventually chiseled out for us, which I guess is a good thing, but this diary idea could've worked as an online feature piece - maybe in two parts? Cheers for posting it as it stood at the end of the experiment, anyway.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Re: Lost texts of Skyrim: the Dawnguard Diaries

Postby Grummy » 10 Feb 2013, 19:19

I'd like to see more of these. Pick a game you haven't played through yet that you really want to (better an RPG or open worlder) then go through it and relay your experience back to us in a series of blog posts. Would be a fantastic read I think.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby kevicus12 » 10 Feb 2013, 19:52

Very entertaining, Sirs!
kevicus12 22

Postby msbhvn » 10 Feb 2013, 20:13

Loved this article, but I suspect most readers wouldn't have had the patience for a 50,000 word review of Dawnguard. It would be nice to see some in-depth reviews of certain games, even by a different reviewer a couple of months down the line, they would still be of use to those of us who have a "buy it when it's cheap" list.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 10 Feb 2013, 20:25

To be honest, I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition...
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 10 Feb 2013, 20:26

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66