to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC - Sega to release four add-on p

Your comments on our articles.

Bug Hunt leads the charge, adds three new maps

Gearbox and Sega are in it for the long haul with tomorrow's big release, Aliens: Colonial Marines. There are four downloadable add-ons in development, including both single and multiplayer content, and they're all due "by the end of August 2013".... read more

Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC - Sega to release four add-on p

Postby danhalen74 » 11 Feb 2013, 15:38

i'll have a fiver on 7/10... some of the info/news on this lately hasnt been altogether positive. Still....its Aliens eh and it cant be worse than that awful aliens predator game out not so long ago...(what a stinker that was...)
danhalen74 44

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC - Sega to release four add-

Postby ItchyRash » 11 Feb 2013, 15:51

danhalen74 wrote:i'll have a fiver on 7/10... some of the info/news on this lately hasnt been altogether positive. Still....its Aliens eh and it cant be worse than that awful aliens predator game out not so long ago...(what a stinker that was...)

I would be interested to know what the campaign and multiplayer parts were worth on their own. The single player is sounding like it's going to be a solid 8 but multiplayer will be the let down. Also is it true that there's 4 player co-op and if so OXM will this portion be reviewed as well? Would be interesting to know if it's a better or worse experience on your own
ItchyRash 42

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 16:05

ItchyRash wrote:
I would be interested to know what the campaign and multiplayer parts were worth on their own. The single player is sounding like it's going to be a solid 8 but multiplayer will be the let down. Also is it true that there's 4 player co-op and if so OXM will this portion be reviewed as well? Would be interesting to know if it's a better or worse experience on your own

I'd echo dermatitis, is it basically borderlands with the aliens licence?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby RetroDad » 11 Feb 2013, 16:26

danhalen74 wrote:i'll have a fiver on 7/10... some of the info/news on this lately hasnt been altogether positive. Still....its Aliens eh and it cant be worse than that awful aliens predator game out not so long ago...(what a stinker that was...)

Oh that game? I never bought that one at all.. :oops: It was a tenner mind. Had to scratch the itch.

I've read some early online reviews today. I'll go with 6/10 in light of what I've seen. Watch when Bug Hunt is already installed on the disc and has a file size of 108kb to download as 'extra' dlc.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 34

Postby stryder84 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:32

no no no no no no no no no no NO! not having it sorry but £20+ for DLC including a mode that they said (or at least im sure was stated) to be included at launch is a rip so unless bug hunt is free they arent getting any money from me
AK-47? nah 2 swords and shout will do me
stryder84 29

Postby battfink83 » 11 Feb 2013, 22:26

im honestly going to say its worse, just.

i wouldnt give this game 5 out of 10, quite gutted really, was so looking forward to it after growing up wathcing the alien films.

everything about the game is poor, really poor, the gameplay, visuals, audio, the amount of bugs ive encountered already are silly really, and i dont mean the acid spitting kind either.

ammo and armour pickups stuck in the floor, weapons dissapearing, aliens running through closed doors, ai bugs, amazing amounts of screen tearing and ammo seamingly restocking itself are just a few.

also, ive been fighting more humans than aliens, great, especially when they just stand there, looking at you, then proceed to run and hide behind the nearest crate.

i smacked one in the face with my pulse rifle earlier, 6 times, he just stood there, looking at me, then he shot me.........

the whole game feels like it actually was created back in 2006, then thrown on a shelf till now....... its bad

dead space 3 wee's all over this in every aspect, no joke....
battfink83 47