to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bungie's timed Xbox exclusive Destiny to scoop Sony's PS4 re

Your comments on our articles.

Massive new project to reveal on 17th February

We have incoming, gentlemen. Bungie has slapped a go-loud date on its colossal, Activision-published Destiny project, revealed to be a timed next gen Xbox exclusive by documents circulated during the publisher's legal bust-up with former Infinity Ward staff.... read more

Bungie's timed Xbox exclusive Destiny to scoop Sony's PS4 re

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Feb 2013, 12:32

Hmmm, assuming for the sake of argument that the Sony conference is them preparing to reveal the new PS than MS would need to respond in order to not let the competition get ahead.

I imagine a console launch announcement takes time to organise, but if you announce a launch title (with solid release date) you get to unofficially announce the console's release date, and show off what it can do without having to quickly put together the full announcement or reveal features or specs.

Sony then get ripped apart because of what they reveal (cos the internet is like that) whilst MS hope to do nothing except inspire awe and mystery.

Clever.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Bungie's timed Xbox exclusive Destiny to scoop Sony's PS

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:41

Wrong link Ed, http://www.oxm.co.uk/41779/bungies-dest ... exclusive/ for the exclusive bit.

I'm not so sure it will be exclusive though. The close dates to me mean that it's all to do with ps4/next gen, as in, someone is finally revealing a console giving bungie a place to say hey look our game is coming out on this console.

Tied into your other article, if released on 360 and gert wont the online component suffer if no backwards compat? There'd be no one online if you separate the networks, and saying your friends aren't going to buy the 360 version because another person is buying a gert version is silly, they'd buy whichever version and they'd play on both because no one will buy a console just to play one game with their one mate who has one, food for thought.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Feb 2013, 12:43

I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby OXM ETboy » 13 Feb 2013, 12:46

Editificalised.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Thos. » 13 Feb 2013, 12:50

Damn you to hell Bungie! If it's a Durango 12 month exclusive, you're going to force me to buy another damn Xbox!
Thos. 43

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:57

Thos. wrote:Damn you to hell Bungie! If it's a Durango 12 month exclusive, you're going to force me to buy another damn Xbox!

Well, if the contract is true, it will be 360 and gertrude exclusive, so you wouldn't need the gert.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65