to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Aliens: Colonial Marines update detailed - Gearbox fixes sin

Your comments on our articles.

Emergency venting?

Gearbox has shared details of its day-one update for Aliens: Colonial Marines, which probably isn't the Aliens game you're waiting for. From malfunctioning elevators to ineffective Lurker camouflage, it's a comprehensive effort. Read the full patch notes below.... read more

Aliens: Colonial Marines update detailed - Gearbox fixes sin

Postby battfink83 » 13 Feb 2013, 12:45

yes ive got the game, please dont buy it, yes you, any of you reading this. you wont like it, not one bit, its worse than burkes corporate smirk.

no, you wont 'just buy it for a blast', you will turn it off after 15 minutes, you've been warned

*loads up the infinately better in every way dead space, and cries a little inside*
battfink83 47

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines update detailed - Gearbox fixes

Postby Phantaxus » 13 Feb 2013, 12:56

With this level of fixes so early on it makes me wonder if there was any play testing at all.
Phantaxus 28

Postby Windowlicker79 » 13 Feb 2013, 13:45

Six years in the making eh? It makes you wonder what they were actually doing.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Feb 2013, 14:21

Windowlicker79 wrote:Six years in the making eh? It makes you wonder what they were actually doing.

They were getting the authenticity from the film just right, can't you see how well they did? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327409/?ref_=sr_1
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Feb 2013, 14:37

Windowlicker79 wrote:Six years in the making eh? It makes you wonder what they were actually doing.

Deciding which studio was to blame when it all goes tits up. Hey, it worked for Gearbox when Duke Nukem sucked
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 13 Feb 2013, 16:17

Very relieved I avoided this game as was more than a little tempted to get it
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby stryder84 » 13 Feb 2013, 18:20

I'm actually fuming so much steam is coming from my ears...6 years this game has been in development 6!!!! how could they get something so important to so many of us that they make it act like a game that has been in development 6 weeks..glad i didnt buy it but still fuming because a group of us where i work were really looking forward to screaming all sort of quotes
AK-47? nah 2 swords and shout will do me
stryder84 29

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 13 Feb 2013, 18:53

i didnt buy it, but after seeing all the previews i was going to, so i rented it,
this game is sooo bad, everything from the off sucks, graphics are terrible, lighting, sound, dialogue, animation are all pi55 poor!!!
if i get in 5 ft of an alien i want him to tear me apart, rip my head off, not scratch me like a cat!!
they couldnt get the animation of the blood right, when they bleed out why dont it go throught the floors, like the movies?
the game is very dull and i WONT be buying it.

NOTE TO MICROSOFT: please dont block rentals/preowned on the new xbox as we need rentals so we can spend our cash on something worth buying not complerte tosh like this!! :?
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby SkinnerChinner » 13 Feb 2013, 19:30

I'd advise against it to be honest, or at least wait for a drop in price. As I'm playing through it still I'm trying to figure out if it would be best to cut my losses & keep it, seeing as I stupidly bought the season pass with some saved up points the same day, hoping for some significant patches (which I can't see Gearbox doing properly & in light of the games dire reception) or trade it in by the end of week for the guaranteed £25 store credit @ Blockbuster & get Dead Space 3 (which I was intending to buy at some point, but chose to get A:CM on release instead).

If the game had half the polish of (and functioned as well as) something like Dead Space it'd be at least acceptable. Personally I liked the MP, but it's been buggy & lags like hell most of the time.

Think I've learnt my lesson the hard way with being coaxed with pre-order bonuses & such. I've always been cautious of 'season passes', but this was Aliens...I wasn't thinking clearly :oops:
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby SkinnerChinner » 13 Feb 2013, 22:18

My personal favourite;

Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.

:lol: You gotta laugh...helps ease the pain...
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby RetroDad » 14 Feb 2013, 09:52

SkinnerChinner wrote:My personal favourite;

Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.

:lol: You gotta laugh...helps ease the pain...

I was equally gobsmacked by some of the patches in the list. How they actually had the bare faced cheek to release the game in that state beggers belief.

Fixed collision issue where bullets would not pass through certain open doorways. :lol:

There should be another one under the General heading:

Fixed an issue related to title not meeting required standards after six years in development.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 35

Postby SidTheSloth » 14 Feb 2013, 09:59

Can someone explain to me why all this negative talk about the game is having the opposite effect on me that it should? The more i hear about how bad it is the closer i seem to get to the buy button to witness the horror for myself. It's a bit like a car crash i think in that human nature is to get closer and take a better look :?
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby RetroDad » 14 Feb 2013, 10:22

SidTheSloth wrote:Can someone explain to me why all this negative talk about the game is having the opposite effect on me that it should? The more i hear about how bad it is the closer i seem to get to the buy button to witness the horror for myself. It's a bit like a car crash i think in that human nature is to get closer and take a better look :?

Be strong. Unlike the Xenomorphs, Gearbox really are f*ck*ng each other over for a goddamn percentage.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 35

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Feb 2013, 11:07

SidTheSloth wrote:Can someone explain to me why all this negative talk about the game is having the opposite effect on me that it should? The more i hear about how bad it is the closer i seem to get to the buy button to witness the horror for myself. It's a bit like a car crash i think in that human nature is to get closer and take a better look :?

Yeah leave it be for a bit. Not go it meself and I can see where you're coming from but it will drop in price like a balloon made from really heavy stuff.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby SkinnerChinner » 14 Feb 2013, 11:11

Sid, "I know we're all in strung out shape, but stay frosty...& alert...you can't afford to let one of those bastards"...into your disc tray.

There's a rather amusing thread on the Gearbox forums quoting lines from the film, best one I saw;

"Gearbox-TimeGate, building better demo's" :lol:

Satisfy your curiosity when £35 isn't at stake, yeah...it somewhat eases that Aliens itch for a while - mostly riding on the back of film nostalgia. I've already said if it it were reasonably polished & bug free it'd at least be acceptable.

Cast your eyes upon this m'friend; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo
SkinnerChinner 35

Next